Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofilling on Firefox Android not working

Hello,

I recently switched from Chrome to Firefox on android, and one of the things I've noticed is that autofilling no longer works . I've tried both regular and nightly versions of Firefox for android, with no avail. Autofilling still works in Chrome. Is this a known issue, or is there anything I can do to fix this?

Cheers

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @asmodean

Enpass autofill works only with that browser which provides accessibility events. This technical limitation is preventing us from auto-filling in other browsers (Firefox, in your case ) and that's why you've to search and fill the details. You can also opt to manually fill the logins in Firefox with Enpass Keyboard.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2017 at 5:59 AM, Akash Vyas said:

Enpass autofill works only with that browser which provides accessibility events. This technical limitation is preventing us from auto-filling in other browsers (Firefox, in your case ) and that's why you've to search and fill the details. You can also opt to manually fill the logins in Firefox with Enpass Keyboard.

Akash, could you please file a bug report on Bugzilla?  Seems to be a huge oversight on Mozilla's part.

• 2 months later...

On 12/15/2017 at 12:59 AM, Akash Vyas said:

Hey @asmodean

Cheers!

Shouldn't you be able to use Autofill on Android Oreo to enable this for Firefox as mentioned here?

Edited by ArP