Enpass Discussion Forum

New Credit Card number only shows ***1234 in Search, old Credit Card number shows 16 digits

BEERviper

I sent a message to support with this question as I could not find an answer here in the forums, but thought this might be helpful to others once I find a solution...

I have significant data that was imported into Enpass, credit cards for example - when I create a new Credit Card item all of the default fields are different from my old credit card items and the "Number" field which has field type "Card Number" will automatically hide the first 12 characters as asterisk in the search results and only show the last 4 digits, however if I modify an old imported Credit Card and change the Number field to be of type "Card Number" the full 16 digit card number still shows in the search results.  

Without creating a brand new Credit Card item and copying over the info from the old imported item (and hence losing all history from the old item), how can the old items mimic the behavior of the new fields that hide the full card number and only show the last 4 by default?

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. Both the items created under the default template and imported from other software have different Templates which are causing this unusual behavior. Your valuable feedback has been shared with the team, and maybe we will improve it in further versions.