Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JHA

Android/Windows Webdav Sync - issue with attachments

Recommended Posts

Hey,

I'm using enpass and webdav sync since a year and since about two weeks I got the following issue. I'm normally using a webdav server to sync from Android to the server and a smb file share to the same folder to sync from Windows to the webdav folder. But it doesn't matter, because if I use webdav on windows too, I'm getting the same issue. I noticed the isse because I normally use for windows the smb share.

Issue:

If I sync from windows via smb mounted folder to the smb folder everything is fine. There is a "Enpass" folder with a "vault.enpassdbsync" file and 24 attachments files with different sizes. If I now connect from another Windows machine or a Android phone to the same folder via webdav all files with a file size lower than ~70KB are somehow only 0KB in size and totally empty. Now I'm getting a error on the client (Windows/Android) telling me, that someone deleted some files on purpose and I need to resync/resend everything to the webdav folder. If I do that nothing changes.

Does someone have a clue about this issue?

 

It's a new one, I'm having only since weeks. The whole last year everything went fine.

I tried reinstalling the app on Android and reimporting the vault via a manual backup and resetting sync settings on all devices, but the issue is still present if I'm using webdav.

Edited by JHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some more investigations today.

I'm using lighttpd with webdav and basic auth

Here you can see the log files from the access log.

The first part is from resending the whole vault to the webdav folder:

192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX - [12/Jun/2019:17:25:36 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 401 347 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX username [12/Jun/2019:17:25:36 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 207 2282 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX username [12/Jun/2019:17:25:36 +0000] "PUT /webdav/folder/Enpass/4fe95fc0-0570-4ca9-9ee2-b577f0cd3697.enpassattach HTTP/1.1" 204 25 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX - [12/Jun/2019:17:25:36 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 401 347 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX username [12/Jun/2019:17:25:36 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 207 2281 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX username [12/Jun/2019:17:25:36 +0000] "PUT /webdav/folder/Enpass/4fe95fc0-0570-4ca9-9ee2-b577f0cd3697.enpassattach HTTP/1.1" 204 25 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
....................................

The second part is from a refresh button hit on the client

192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX - [12/Jun/2019:17:25:39 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 401 347 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX username [12/Jun/2019:17:25:39 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 207 2282 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX username [12/Jun/2019:17:25:39 +0000] "PUT /webdav/folder/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 204 25 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"
192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX - [12/Jun/2019:17:25:47 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 401 347 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"

Interesting are the unauthenticated PROPFIND request from the client. Maybe there could be the issue? - But after I disabled the authentication, the issue is still present.

192.168.XX.XX 192.168.XX.XX - [12/Jun/2019:17:25:39 +0000] "PROPFIND /webdav/folder/ HTTP/1.1" 401 347 "-" "Mozilla/5.0"

 

Edited by JHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...