Enpass Discussion Forum

Shortcut `CMD + /` (commenting) conflicts with launching enpass

Hi there, I tried to look up topics about this issue but I couldn't find any. Hopefully it's okay to start one. I am sorry if I missed any discussions.

Is there way from stopping Enpass launching whenever I try to comment a code snippet with the shortcuts `cmd + /` on some coding platforms such as repl.it? I changed the system-wide Hotkey in the Enpass settings to various keys but it doesn't seem to apply. Today I also faced an enpass widget on my 34" screen whose design looked broken so I couldn't even grab the `x` to close that window. I had to restart my computer to get rid of this big enpass widget. 

I am using MacOS X Mojave on an US keyboard. 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

H.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Checking in to see if anyone has found a solution to this problem. Running into the same issue and makes it very difficult to work with code.  Going to extensions in Chrome to change keyboard shortcut or under system preferences doesn't seem to allow us to change this. Am considering moving on to a different password manager if there isn't a fix.

Edited by Brett

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I was having this exact problem with Firefox (version 70.0.1) and Chromium (version 78.0.3904.70) with Enpass version 6.2.0 (537). I found a solution that worked for me buried in the official user guide located here (https://www.enpass.io/docs/manual-desktop/browser_ext_setting.html#creating-keyboard-shortcut). Following the guide for Firefox was weird, but I figured out, changed the shortcut, and have had no issues since!

P.S. My OS is Kubuntu 18.04.3 LTS but I really don't think that should matter at all. I mention it in case you're at your wits' end and think that information might be useful.