Enpass Discussion Forum

Switching from 1Password to Enpass

Switching from 1Password to Enpass

Hi,

currently I am using 1Password. I originally started using 1Password on Mac, but now switched to Windows 10 for a while. 
The Mac App of 1Password is gorgeous, but the Windows App is terrible. Especially since AgileBites does not develop the v4 app further and put its efforts only to the v6-cloud-only app.

That's why I am looking around for other password managers and I would love to try it out. The licencing made this easy, so I installed the Windows application of Enpass.

But now I came up with a problem during the import process.
I've exported all 1Password items to a 1pif file. I am using the import assistant of Enpass.

The first problem is, that 1Password says it has exported 445 items, but Enpass can only import 335. Where are the remaining 110 items?
The second problem is, that all imported items are empty. All items have no title and contains nothing.

I do have also some attachments stored in 1Password, which are also exported (in a separate folder). Is it possible to automatically import the attachments to Enpass?

I've attached a screenshot of Enpass, showing the imported items. Sorry the app is in German - trust me :-) It's saying "No Title".

Thanks for your help,
vlad

Off topic question:
I love using Windows Hello (with my Logitech Brio web cam) to unlock my PC. Are there any plans to support Windows Hello (Face recognition) to unlock the Enpass vault?

snipaste_20170808_200216.png

Edited by vlad

Guest Akash Vyas

Hello @vlad

Thanks for showing interest in Enpass and writing to us.

I would like to share that 1Password exports data in two different formats: OPVault and Agile Keychain. It seems that you are exporting your data in OPVault format while Enpass can import the data exported in Agile Keychain only. So for that, you have to convert the data to Agile Keychain format first. Try importing your data after converting it to Agile Keychain.    

16 hours ago, vlad said:

I do have also some attachments stored in 1Password, which are also exported (in a separate folder). Is it possible to automatically import the attachments to Enpass?

Sorry, but currently Enpass doesn't have this feature, but we already have plans to add this feature in a future version of Enpass.

16 hours ago, vlad said:

I love using Windows Hello (with my Logitech Brio web cam) to unlock my PC. Are there any plans to support Windows Hello (Face recognition) to unlock the Enpass vault?

Currently unlocking with Windows Hello is available in the UWP version of Enpass (downloaded from Windows Store). Please bear with us while we are working on implementing this in Traditional version (downloaded from our website) too.  

Hope this helps.

Cheers!