Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass attachements not opening

Hi Team,

I've noticed an issue opening attachments. I am using enpass on 4 devices (2x windows, linux and android) using google drive for sync.

I have recently noticed an issue with enpass and opening attachments.

Only one of my windows clients is able to open all attachements. Other clients such as the linux client is only able to open some of them erroring with "attachment not found. To download the attachment please synchronize your vault with the same cloud account used to restore the data." OR "Attachment is on the way! Please wait while we are download your attachments." 

I see the same error on my android phone.

I have compared the amount of .enpassattach files on the working client and the other clients, they are all identical and synchronised from the cloud.

I am unable to find a pattern why 1 or 2 attachments are working and other are throwing that error.

All clients are on Enpass 6.5.1.

Files are jpeg or jpg. I am not seeing a pattern which ones work or dont. I only have 1 windows client that seems to be working fine.

I have already tried completely uninstalling enpass. Clearing out local vaults and resetting up.

I should note that this is quite a serious issue if I am unable to open attachments!!!

Edited by Krazy

For anyone that has the same issue. With Pratyush suggestions. Basically did this to recover the situation:

1. remove any sync settings on all clients.

2. remove local data on all clients having the problem.

3. delete the data in google drive.

4. on the only working client - reenable sync.

5. re configure all other clients to sync from google drive.

All worked since then.

However I raised the question to Pratyush. I was lucky that I had 1 working client and managed to catch this occuring. Clearly something broke with either the password vault database or the attachments and it replicated to the cloud. There needs to be a mechanism to protect this from occurring or detecting it.