Enpass Discussion Forum

A couple of Syncing questions.

Woopsicles

So I started using this today and have a couple of questions about syncing.

1) After setting it up to get it to sync to other things log in the service provider eg Dropbox, Google etc. Is there anything stopping someone who has access to my account from installing Enpass telling it to sync with my details, and getting all my passes?

I don't think it will be a problem for me, as I did take measures if this is the case but am more curious.

2) Can I tell it what to sync to where? Basically I have 5-6 Important things I NEED on my phone in case I accidentally log out when not at my PC. But I intend to put everything on my PC version so I don't lose an account again. So is it possible do something like only sync favourites to my phone, and everything gets synced on my PC's?

Thanks in advance. :D

Hi @Woopsicles

Welcome to Enpass family.

1 hour ago, Woopsicles said:

1) After setting it up to get it to sync to other things log in the service provider eg Dropbox, Google etc. Is there anything stopping someone who has access to my account from installing Enpass telling it to sync with my details, and getting all my passes?

I don't think it will be a problem for me, as I did take measures if this is the case but am more curious.

We absolutely understand your concern for the safety of your data. First, the security of your data depends upon the strength of your Master Password as the encryption key for the keychain is derived from the same. The stronger the Master Password, the safer is your data. Even when you sync, the first thing Enpass does is, it encrypts the data and then uploads that encrypted file to the desired cloud. And for encryption, your data is fully encrypted with your Master Password using the 256-bit AES algorithm and peer-sheered SQLCipher engine, so, no worries there. Even if someone gets their hands on your data they would need still the Master Password to decrypt it to a readable file and even with brute force, it would take them forever to decrypt it. 

To know more about security features in Enpass, please visit:

https://www.enpass.io/security/
https://www.enpass.io/docs/enpass-security-whitepaper/index.html

1 hour ago, Woopsicles said:

2) Can I tell it what to sync to where? Basically I have 5-6 Important things I NEED on my phone in case I accidentally log out when not at my PC. But I intend to put everything on my PC version so I don't lose an account again. So is it possible do something like only sync favourites to my phone, and everything gets synced on my PC's?

No, Enpass syncs the whole database as a single file. So you can't choose the items to be synced.

Hope this answers your quires.