Enpass Discussion Forum

Website does not show Enpass Popup anymore

Hey there.

My bank recently updated their login page and now autofill is no longer fully working.

After submitting the username manually a new page gets loaded. On that page you are required to input your password.

Somehow autofill still works fine on that second page.

Extra Information:

- The base url stays the same throughout the process:

- Browsers Ive tried ( Enpass v6.8.6 on both):

• edge ( Version 114.0.1823.82 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit) )
  • chrome ( Version 114.0.5735.199 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

- Already cleared the webform data ( inside the enpass entry ) and removed and created a new enpass entry from scratch to no avail.

- Enpass autofill is working fine on all other websites, thats why i suspect that the bank changed something under the hood.

thanks for the help

have a nive day

Dominic

7 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Dominic Drees

We appreciate you sharing the details regarding this case with us. Could you please also share the version of the Enpass Extension you are using along with the URL of any other webpages on which you are facing this concern? With all the information with us, we will try to replicate this issue on our end.

The Enpass Extension Version: 6.8.6 ( see Attachment )

The Enpass Version: 6.8.6 (1360)

I dont know any other websites that dont work except for the one in question ^^'

Enpass App About Page.png

Enpass Extension Page.png

8 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Dominic Drees

We are looking into this concern for you. However, to accurately test this issue in the same environment as yours, could you please also share the version of the OS? We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Seems to be OS version independent, as it behaves the same on multiple ( UpToDate ) systems ( Windows 11, Windows 10, macOS 14.0, ... ).

It also seems to be network and hardware independent ^^'

---

More Informations:

Its weird that Enpass doesnt recognize the username Input Field, because it even contains the autocomplete="username" tag easily identifying it as such:

<input type="text" name="<randomstring>" id="<randomstring>" value="" class="nbf-text-input" maxlength="16" autocomplete="username" placeholder=" ">

Maybe the absence of the password field on the page prevents the autofill from working?

As soon as you input the right username the page will partially reload itself and display the password input type="password":

<input type="password" name="<randomstring>" id="<randomstring>" value="" autocomplete="off" class="has-inline-icon nbf-text-input format-password-show" maxlength="38" placeholder=" ">

As soon as that happens Enpass instantly shows its Popup underneath the input field.

Ironically Enpass ignores the autocomplete="off" property completely XD

Hi @Dominic Drees

We appreciate you providing us with the details of your device OS and other information.

Rest assured, I am currently discussing this matter with our dedicated team and will promptly provide you with an update. In the meantime, I'd like to inform you that we have recently released an update for the Enpass app, version 6.9.0. Kindly update your app and let me know if the issue persists so that we can further investigate your findings. Thank you for your cooperation!

#SI-3405

On 7/21/2023 at 12:52 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Dominic Drees

We appreciate you providing us with the details of your device OS and other information.

Rest assured, I am currently discussing this matter with our dedicated team and will promptly provide you with an update. In the meantime, I'd like to inform you that we have recently released an update for the Enpass app, version 6.9.0. Kindly update your app and let me know if the issue persists so that we can further investigate your findings. Thank you for your cooperation!

#SI-3405

Issue still persists on the latest Version 6.9.0 (1449)

Enpass Version.png

• Like 1

Hi @Dominic Drees

After a comprehensive discussion and investigation, we have successfully replicated the bug. Our development team has prioritized its resolution and is currently working on a fix. Rest assured, a patch to address this issue will be released shortly. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this interim period.