Sign in to follow this  
lokdawg78

OneDrive Sync between Enpass 5 and 6

So I currently use Enpass 5.6.19 with a personal OneDrive account synced. When I try to sync Enpass 6.0.0 (72) to the same OneDrive account, not all of the items get synced. I'm only seeing 3 out of the 13 items. It also appears that items I update or add are not synced between different versions. 

Hi @lokdawg78,

First of all, I would like to share that restoring Enpass 5 data directly from the cloud is not possible, you need to restore it with the backup file. Please follow these steps for restoring Enpass 5 data into Enpass 6.

Step 1:

• Open Enpass 5 --> Take the backup of Enpass data and save it manually on the system.

Step 2:

• Quit Enpass 6 (If running).
  • Go to User Documents folder --> Rename Enpass6-Beta folder.
  • Now Open Enpass 6. It will prompt you a welcome screen --> Select Backup file --> Browse to the backup of Enpass 5 and follow the instructions.

backup.png.12021d2164cf7191fa220ec1249561ac.png.5253b1a371e7d91439e5f2197173c646.png

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I'm lost on step 1 :)

1) I open Enpass5

2) go to settings

3) Choose Backup and Restore

4) imidiatly openswindow with wifi backup, I cant save it to local "on the system" as you wrote.

Could you please help me?

On 8/16/2018 at 6:30 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Hi @lokdawg78,

First of all, I would like to share that restoring Enpass 5 data directly from the cloud is not possible, you need to restore it with the backup file. Please follow these steps for restoring Enpass 5 data into Enpass 6.

Step 1:

• Open Enpass 5 --> Take the backup of Enpass data and save it manually on the system.

Step 2:

• Quit Enpass 6 (If running).
  • Go to User Documents folder --> Rename Enpass6-Beta folder.
  • Now Open Enpass 6. It will prompt you a welcome screen --> Select Backup file --> Browse to the backup of Enpass 5 and follow the instructions.

backup.png.12021d2164cf7191fa220ec1249561ac.png.5253b1a371e7d91439e5f2197173c646.png

Hope this helps!

Hi @Anshu kumar,

thanks for sharing this tutorial. I propably came a cross a new ?bug? -> cant restore on the same wifi network the backup files. 

The backup is smooth -> save to pc (no problem) but when I immediately open enpass 6 a try to restore. I cant load the backup and restore server.. I have to switch to another wifi network and then the restore page is working. Not sure if its bug in the app or not so I rather report ;) 

thanks for your help and work!

Kind regards

Lukas