Enpass Discussion Forum

Crash/hangs on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

thoughton

Hi,

I'm a new user, installing on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS.

Installation successful via the official PPA repository, following the instructions on the website.

Running the application for the first time works fine, I tell it I'm a new user, I create my master password, and an empty database opens up as expected.

I close the application and then successfully install the Firefox add-on.

Now when I try to re-open the application, I am prompted for my master password, I enter it, the application tells me that it has unlocked successfully, but then before the (empty) database can display, the application hangs (the window dims) and the only thing I can do is force it to quit.

It I try loading the application again it fails and quits before the window even displays.

I have to logout and login again before I can get the application to display again, but when it does I then just encounter the same crash/hang again.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Is there any extra information I can provide to help track this issue down?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by thoughton

Thank you for the quick reply.

Here is the output you requested:

~$ /opt/Enpass/bin/runenpass.sh 
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QPasswordEdit "", which already has a layout

Oh, there is one other thing I probably should've mentioned earlier: I am running Ubuntu inside a Virtual Box VM. But this shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Hi @thoughton

Yes, you are right here. You can use Enpass in Virtual Box VM too. This output shows that Enpass is working. There is nothing found tricky/faulty in the output. So, it is too early to say that there is nothing wrong with Enpass, it could be or not.

You can do one thing, go for fresh setup after removing Enpass using apt-get remove command from terminal and delete/rename the Enpass folder in Documents. Hope it will work for you. If the issue persists, post the whole output. Thanks for your kind cohesion.

Thanks.