Enpass Discussion Forum

Autosubmit issue

What is required for auto-submit to work with Enpass?

I've tried testing it with a very simple login form and while the password is filled, the form doesn't submit even though "Autosubmit Login" is enabled:

<html>
<body>
<form method="post" action="foo">
<input type="password" name="pwd">
<input type="submit">
</form>
</html>

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Anshu kumar, you are telling the team is working on the issue, but abhibeckert also asked about what is required for auto-submit to be triggered. I am also wondering because I would say that for a good 30% of the websites I use enpass with, enpass fails to actually trigger a click on the login button.

It does not seem to be detecting the html markup type="submit", which would be the no-brainer solution. I do not doubt there are many situations to handle, but the opacity of this behavior is not very handy for users or developers.

So, what is the criteria for enpass be able to click ? Also, bonus same question for the login and password fields.

This should be in the FAQ in my opinion.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @abhibeckert & @Sbu,

Apologies for the late response.

Enpass autofill in browsers involves a lot of guessing game. Enpass detects login forms based various input field attributes, e.g., a form with single password input, a form with input fields with most commonly used ids for usernames etc. Though not all websites follow the same practice, e.g. some websites use input fields in a div outside of the form. Similarly, submit button is also detected based on its id etc. Sometimes submit button is an image or normal text element with JavaScript handler. Also, submit action is not triggered when a captcha field is present. So, there is not fit for all solution, and we keep updating our algorithms on customer feedback.

In this particular case, we have made a small change where submit action will be triggered on most qualified login form on the webpage even if it does not have any id associated. This fix will appear in next release.

@Sbu We have noted down your valuable suggestion regarding FAQ and forwarded it to the concerned team for further consideration. Thanks for your feedback!