Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows Hello & Browser Extensions

Hi,

Complete newbie here, so apologies if I'm missing something bleedin' obvious!

So, I'm attracted to enpass because I've got a new laptop with Windows Hello and I'm trying to work out what it can do.  So far I seem to have 2 desktop apps installed, Ver's 5.2.4 (from the windows store) & 5.4.1 (from enpass website).

5.2.4 seems to work fine with Windows Hello, but it doesn't appear to support browser extensions and there is no browser tab on the settings page.

5.4.1 does have the browser tab in settings and I can get it working with Chrome to log in, but it doesn't seem to support Windows Hello.

Am I completely missing the point, is there some way to get the Chrome extension working with Windows Hello?

Thanks,

John

Hi @BigJR,

First of all, Welcome to the Enpass Family! 

On 18/02/2017 at 3:48 AM, BigJR said:

5.2.4 seems to work fine with Windows Hello, but it doesn't appear to support browser extensions and there is no browser tab on the settings page

I would like to let you know that the Current UWP App doesn't support the external browser extensions due to sandbox restrictions and unavailability of required APIs to communicate with third party Apps. So to use browser extensions you have to stick with the traditional Windows PC App (at least for now)

On 18/02/2017 at 3:48 AM, BigJR said:

5.4.1 does have the browser tab in settings and I can get it working with Chrome to log in, but it doesn't seem to support Windows Hello.

Am I completely missing the point, is there some way to get the Chrome extension working with Windows Hello?

and unfortunately, Traditional desktop app can't use Windows Hello due to lack of APIs. 

Thanks for your understanding!