Enpass Discussion Forum

After using the app the first week...

peterbonge

After using the app the first week...

I'm testing/using the (full) android app for about a week now and I have some suggestions:

1. The 3-dots symbol at the right of an entry should be a lot larger. It's nearly invisible. It should have the same size like the same symbol in the toolbar if I open an item.

2. Folders should be shown directly within the left menu, just like in the Windows app.

3. If I use the PIN I don't have to hit the Enter key after entering the PIN. I think this is not very secure and it differs from the way it works on the PC. There I have to hit Enter.

4. TOTP: I think there should be a special group for items with TOTP, just like the favorites group.

5. TOTP: Maybe in this group all items should show a 3rd (bigger) line with the key and the count down circle on the right. And maybe a tap on an item (in this group) should copy the code directly into the clipboard instead of opening the item.

6. TOTP: The circle should rotate in the same direction like the windows app... (or the other way around)

7. For Android 7+: It would be nice if the app would support the new app shortcuts, e.g. for directly opening the favorites/TOTP, the search or the password generator.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hello @peterbonge

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and suggesting these features. I've noted them for internal discussions. 

On 8/19/2017 at 2:29 AM, peterbonge said:

2. Folders should be shown directly within the left menu, just like in the Windows app.

We already have this option where you can add a folder to the sidebar. Just Tap and hold the respective folder to Edit, and then enable Show Folder In Sidebar.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Akash Vyas said:

We already have this option where you can add a folder to the sidebar. Just Tap and hold the respective folder to Edit, and then enable Show Folder In Sidebar.

Thanks for the hint. Normally I don't need to look in manuals...

Now that I've tested it I've noticed that folders and categories are shown together in the sidebar. They even can be mixed. So it seems that categories and folders are very similar. Maybe it would be a good idea to think about combining them. That would make all apps clearer.