Enpass Discussion Forum

Lost Password Because No Option For New Item

Using Enpass extension 6.5.1 for Mozilla Firefox 82.0.2 (64 bit) on Windows 10; Enpass desktop version 6.4.1 (643).

I logged into a website which I hadn't visited in a very long time; its login was not in Enpass but was in Firefox Sync. I logged in and was told to change my password, which I attempted to do using Enpass. It should be noted that this company does have a support forum for users which I do occasionally visit on a subdomain (forum.xyzcorp.com as opposed to simply xyzcorp.com). This login was in Enpass, and the two logins although on the same root domain do use separate user IDs and passwords.

I generated a password and updated my information in the website. Firefox Sync popped up a window asking if I wanted to update the password, but before I could react (about a quarter of a second) the Enpass extension popped up, erased Firefox Sync, and asked me to update the password for the support forum. There was no option and no way to add a new item with the password which I had just updated. So now I have lost the password and have to go through the whole hassle of having my password reset again by xyzcorp.

You really should fix this problem, it's caused me grief a number of times before. Firefox has a pretty good password manager and the Enpass app should not block it out when a site is updated. There should be an option to add a new login/web site with any request to update a password. Or, preferably, both.

Hey @ehbowen

Sorry for the trouble.

When you try to login to an existing webpage (saved in Enpass database) with a new password, Enpass detects the changes and prompts to update the information. To avoid this, you can disable 'Ask to save new logins' from Enpass Browser Setting so that you don't get option to save new logins in Enpass using extension.To know more, please refer to this link. Let us know if you have any query.

@Garima Singh

Thanks for your reply, but there are two problems with it. The first is that this was not an existing webpage login, but a completely separate page (different subdomain) under the same root domain. Enpass did not pick this up. The second is that I did want to save the login; I just didn't want to erase (overwrite) the information for the existing login under the different subdomain. There should have been an option to "Save as new login" as opposed to "Update this login?" with no other alternative.

Hey @ehbowen

Thanks for writing back. When you login to any web-page even with a new information (not saved in Enpass database), Enpass automatically detects that attempt and prompts to save the information as a new item. You can go though this link for more details.

However, we are listening to our users and will actively make changes to the app update based on the constructive feedback we have been receiving, so thank you for getting in touch. I have noted your suggestion. Thanks!

• Like 1