Enpass Discussion Forum

Few Questions for Android/OSX/General

mrSLK

Hi All, 

Just purchased enpass for Android yesterday and try to migrate some of my SafeinCloud stuff.
Here’s some quirks/differences and/or questions i have:

FOR ANDROID

1. Is it possible to Add some sort of separation line on Android for Categories and Folders
  2. How come i cannot see some folder (I Named it “Others”) and it’s sub-folder on my android devices
  3. Can we see number of items on Sidebar (possible in OSX)
  4. Can copy function be 1 click/tap instead of 2 on Android
    • Now, Click the field >> Click Copy button
  5. Can we create custom Categories ? 

FOR OSX/MAC (sorry if i put it here and not in the right categories)

1. Can copy function be 1 click (by clicking the field), instead of the copy button
  2. Can open attachment function be 1 click (specially for jpg file which has built in viewer)
    • Now, opening file would have to Click the file name >> Click Open 
  3. Is it possible to change the background color of the note?

General request/questions

1. Recycle Bin please (yes i’ve search the forum and Anshu kumar said it’s in the roadmap).
  2. How can we improve search function, as mentioned by few other members, search is a bit slow (Slow SearchSlow search 2)
  3. If i just purchased enpass (less than 24h) for Android, and version 6.0 is scheduled for end of this year, what are the chances for me to pay for the upgrade ? or will be a free upgrade ? 

Thank You

Edited by mrSLK

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @mrSLK

Thanks for stopping by and writing the thorough and detailed feedback and thoughts. We really appreciate the time and effort you took to write. 

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:

How come i cannot see some folder (I Named it “Others”) and it’s sub-folder on my android devices

Can you please share some more details on how you've grouped the folders and subfolders so that we can clearly understand what went wrong?

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:

Is it possible to Add some sort of separation line on Android for Categories and Folders

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:
  • Can we see number of items on Sidebar (possible in OSX)
  • Can copy function be 1 click/tap instead of 2 on Android
    • Now, Click the field >> Click Copy button
  • Can we create custom Categories ?

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:
  • Can copy function be 1 click (by clicking the field), instead of the copy button
  • Can open attachment function be 1 click (specially for jpg file which has built in viewer)
    • Now, opening file would have to Click the file name >> Click Open

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:
  • Recycle Bin please (yes i’ve search the forum and Anshu kumar said it’s in the roadmap).
  • How can we improve search function, as mentioned by few other members, search is a bit slow (Slow SearchSlow search 2)

Currently, we are working on a new major update implementing a ton of new features along with a completely new UI and it won't be a lie if I say you'll be looking at a whole new app with all the above-quoted features.

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:

Is it possible to change the background color of the note?

We haven't really thought about it. However, I've noted it for internal discussions.

8 hours ago, mrSLK said:

If i just purchased enpass (less than 24h) for Android, and version 6.0 is scheduled for end of this year, what are the chances for me to pay for the upgrade ? or will be a free upgrade ?

You don't need to worry about it. It'll be a free upgrade.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Akash Vyas said:

Can you please share some more details on how you've grouped the folders and subfolders so that we can clearly understand what went wrong?

The Folder is just like below, nothing fancy (It's fine on OSX, but not showing in Android)  || I FOUND OUT the error, turns out the apps behaviour did not automatically show all the side folders, so i have to manually long press > Edit > Show Folder in Sidebar.  I actually thought it would show all folder in sidebar by default, then i would manually disable them, turns out it's the other way around.

MainFolder

|__ Sub-Folder1

|__ Sub-Folder2

Weird thing, I just created a new Folder (MainFolder), and it's not showing on android.

Thanks for the reply, i'm happy that most of my concern are covered in the next release.

Edited by mrSLK
Found solution for folder issue