Enpass Discussion Forum

Method in case of lost device

Malcolm

Hi, After reading the review by Daniel Rubino on Windows Central, I thought I would give Enpass a try. Have been using Lastpass for a while, but was attracted to your support for UWP, Windows Hello, cost and device sync. I am really impressed. I travel a lot, sometimes in areas with no wifi or phone signal. Can you suggest a workaround/method for getting access to stored passwords, etc in a worst case scenario where I only have access to a public computer or a borrowed smartphone? This computer / smartphone may NOT have Enpass installed and my data file at present is located on my Onedrive. Is there a web app, for example? If the only solution would be to buy another phone and install Enpass on it, I guess there would still be a need to remember my login details for the new phone's platform AND my OneDrive.

Thanks for the good work.

Malcolm

Edited by Malcolm
Update

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hello @Malcolm

Many thanks for showing interest in Enpass and giving it a try. 

On 26 June 2016 at 5:23 PM, Malcolm said:

I travel a lot, sometimes in areas with no wifi or phone signal.

No worries even if you travel a lot (sometime without internet) as being an offline app, Enpass lets you access your data anytime and any place without any internet connection.

Can you suggest a workaround/method for getting access to stored passwords, etc in a worst case scenario where I only have access to a public computer or a borrowed smartphone? This computer / smartphone may NOT have Enpass installed and my data file at present is located on my Onedrive.  Is there a web app, for example? 

In the above mentioned scenario, for now the only way to access database is to first install Enpass on public computer or a borrowed smartphone and then restore your database on it. I know its very troublesome and not always possible>:(.

Don't worry,  very soon we will release Enpass Portable version (The development is already done and soon we will roll out the Beta version). Its like a complete desktop version of Enpass for all platforms in a single USB drive. That means you don't have to worry about installing it before using. Just plug it and use.

Is there a web app, for example? 

No, there is no web app for Enpass but as said Portable version will solve the purpose.

If the only solution would be to buy another phone and install Enpass on it, I guess there would still be a need to remember my login details for the new phone's platform AND my OneDrive.

In that case, you need to remember two passwords: Master Password and your OneDrive password from where you would be restoring your database. But in that case, again the portable version will be a life saver as you have to remember only your Master Password to access your OneDrive login details. 

Hope this helps!