Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass stops syncing on Dropbox

I am using a paid version for enpass across multiple platforms, the master file is kept on dropbox which is accessed via enpass on osx, windows, android and ios. 
Since the last update this is happening:

for the second time, enpass wont sync with the dropbox master file - on all platforms. Only after deleting the masterfile on dropbox and then resyncing a new file is created as a masterfile on dropbox which I can then access again on all platforms. 

While not a complete disaster, unless I pay attention to whether or not enpass is syncing up,  new information might get lost if enpass stays out of sync. 

What is the reason for this? Why is the masterfile suddenly refusing to sync up? The error message I get is that the password is a mismatch - but it is not: the password was not changed. 
Is this a security issue? 

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @fritz

Sorry to hear about the mess you're going through. This is highly unlikely and shouldn't be happening. We'll need some more information to look into this. So please let us know:

13 hours ago, fritz said:

Since the last update this is happening:

With this, did you mean the OS update or the Enpass update? In any case, please let us know the OS versions and the version of Enpass that you're using on each of the devices.

13 hours ago, fritz said:

The error message I get is that the password is a mismatch - but it is not: the password was not changed. 

Please let us know, on which devices are you getting the password mismatch warning?  

Meanwhile, for quick troubleshooting, please disable sync on all your devices and replace the file on the Dropbox as you said earlier and then enable sync one by one on all the devices and let me know if the problem persists.  

Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I first started using Enpass on my Windows Phone, which I still use and enjoy except for the occasional reminder that its OS (8.1) is abandonware. 

So I suppose it's understandable that when Dropbox messed up - oop, I mean IMPROVED -  its API, Enpass fixed it for everything BUT WP8.1.  Sigh.

I'm limping along OK to http restore data from backups I create with Enpass on my other devices (Mac & Lubuntu PCs + Android tablet), but wonder if it could get updated just once more in "my" Windows Store?  Any other suggestions will be welcome - and yes, I know how to buy a new phone LOL.

Mmm?