Enpass Discussion Forum

Option to hide Inline Autofill Popup Menu on page load, but keep input icon

I really enjoy the new Inline Autofill Popup Menu, but it can be a bit intrusive and I would almost prefer to not have it show on page load.
There is a setting to disable it, but then it also removes the input icon.

I would prefer to keep the input icon so if I click on it then it would show the Inline Autofill Popup menu.
So it would be great if there was a setting for "Hide Inline Autofill Popup on page load". This setting would only be available when "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu" is enabled.

Also if you click on the input icon (which shows user intent) then the Inline Autofill Popup Menu should show above all other menus or context menus. Currently the browsers input autofill suggestions show above the Inline Autofill Popup Menu. This is not ideal as it makes it hard to see or select the Inline Autofill Popup Menu. Reference this issue: 

Thanks

Edited by ggedde
Adding more context and Reference
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @Manish Chokwal, Unfortunately you miss-understood me.
I am talking about the "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu". The option below the one you highlighted.

I would like to have an option when "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu" is enabled to have another setting "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu Action" as a dropdown with a few options:

• Show on page load
    Default This is how it works now

• Hide on page load
    The popup menu would not show right away, but if you click/focus within the input field then it would show up.

• Requires icon click
    This would require you to click on the icon within the input field in order for the popup menu to show.

These other options would allow for more user intent rather than just always showing the popup menu.
Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I can provide some videos or screenshots.

The issue is sometimes I need to type something else in the field and the Inline Autofill Popup Menu is very intrusive and makes it hard to do that. Or I need to click on a link underneath the input like "Reset Password", etc and the popup menu is covering it.

Edited by ggedde
Wasn't finished editing.

Hi @ggedde,

Thank you for elaborating more on this issue. I have shared it all with the concerned team for further assistance. Your patience is greatly appreciated here. 

About the "Hide on page load": We have this option that works similarly. From the inline autofill menu, click on the vertical three dots -> Don't show on this page. It will hide the inline option from the page and add it to the block list. You can still access Enpass from the extension menu. 

1429963245_quicksetting.png.6d682ddde7b1d1e8226a7a130577d17f.png267785044_quicksetting2.jpg.0f3f3a01698c4d0d6ef42a48510492b2.jpg

SI-2642