Enpass Discussion Forum

Passkeys stored in Enpass do not work yet for some sites

Enpass-based passkey does not work yet on some sites while USB-based hardware keys always work.

Let me explain in details:

Previously I registered and stored passkeys in Enpass for both sites mentioned below.

When I first try to login on https://vercel.com via passkey I get the following prompt from Enpass browser extension:

image.png.dba07f08950f2ae6d054da9350dbbacf.png

This login success!

but when I try to login every next time then I get the following prompt:

image.png.a553e0f7ff76a079cd3cc5f566081a19.png

This login fails with message "Login with Passkey failed. Please try again."
In browser console I get "400 Bad request" for "POST https://vercel.com/api/auth/webauthn/verify"

On the other hand Enpass passkey works fine every time on https://github.com but in that case I always get the following prompt asking for Windows Hello:

image.thumb.png.6edd6e3efbf9ebd1f95dd9e5bf72b5f3.png

In case of github.com I never get this second prompt without Windows Hello.

I hope that will help in fixing this problem in Enpass.

Please let me know if I can help more in some debugging

Regards,

syriusz

Sure, all the details below:

Enpass version:
6.9.3 (1592) - Microsoft Store version (the latest)

OS versions:
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (with all updates applied)
Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (with all updates applied)

Browsers name & versions:
Google Chrome version 121.0.6167.140 (the latest)
Firefox version 122.0 (the latest)

Browser extension version:
6.9.3 (in both browsers)

Ok, great. Please let me know if you need some more details - I'm a web programmer so I can provide you all the details about request/response between web browser and the given site regarding Web Authn flow. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Our technical team has acknowledged the issue and is actively working on a solution. Fixing this bug may take some time, and the resolution will be included in the upcoming updates of the application. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know (by the way - asking for an update of this issue) - Proton Pass has implemented recently passkeys support in their password manager - it works perfect on that vercel.com site (registering and using passkey successfully on every login attempt), so this is not an issue with this particular site, but rather an issue (a bug?) in the given implementation (Enpass). So, it would be nice to have a highest priority on fixing this issue.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just released the fix for the repeated issue in our latest update under Windows Version 6.10.1 (1655) and macOS Version 6.10.1 (1655).
Requesting you to please try the above build via the link below and do forward your feedback:
https://www.enpass.io/beta/
Feel free to provide any additional feedback. We appreciate your cooperation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm that a new Beta version of Enpass for Windows 6.10.1 (1655) works perfect now and I can properly login to vercel.com site (and others) with my passkey (stored in Enpass) on every attempt! Thank you very much for this fix!

Since it is Beta version, it is not yet available in Microsoft Store version of Enpass, so it would be great to have it officially released there as soon as possible.

Manual installation (from downloaded installer) requires entering password each time Enpass application starts, while MS Store version can be unlocked with Windows Hello feature (which usually means face recognition or BIO-touch), so it is much more convenient and faster.

Please let me know as soon as this version is released in MS Store. Thank you!

• Like 1