Enpass Discussion Forum

Offline authentication

Hello,

Enpass (desktop) sometimes asks me to reauthenticate (Session Expired dialogue). Is it possible to do this offline?
One of my machines has restricted network access, i.e. it cannot connect to Enpass' servers to perform this authentication. I would like to use Enpass on this machine, but this (re)authentication dialogue is preventing me from doing so. Is it possible to do this offline somehow?
If not, is this a feature you would be willing to add? Would be very welcome for offline Enpass users.

thanks,

Guno

Indeed, you can use Enpass on an offline device without requiring authentication from Enpass servers. However, please note that some features, such as data synchronization across devices, breach monitoring, and 2FA, will not be available in offline mode. Your data will be saved locally on the device, allowing you to access and manage it without an internet connection.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.
But how about the 'Activate Enpass' dialogue? It seems I cannot get past this dialogue because it can't connect to some server (an Enpass server, I presume). Because of that, I can't use Enpass at all on that machine.

screenshot.jpg.49e61bba9c775607fefc46f39eee86dd.jpg

My question is thus: can I do this activation step offline in some way?

Thanks,

Guno

Not activation process cannot be done offline as we need to verify your purchase for licensing. However, you can use Enpass on an offline device without requiring authentication from Enpass servers. Please note that some features, such as data synchronization across devices, breach monitoring, and 2FA, will not be available in offline mode. Your data will be saved locally on the device, allowing you to access and manage it without an internet connection.