Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass commercial strategy

Vargo

I've been using Enpass for private purposes and am desperate to get it implemented it in my companies. However, I can't yet see Enpass becoming a commercially-viable product. 

I can only presume that the Enpass team has full-time jobs and they work on Enpass only part-time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, we all need to make a living. However, if they intend to make Enpass a commercial success, they will need to speed up things quite a bit. There are quite a few glaring shortcomings in the beta version which make it impossible for me to roll it out on a company-wide basis (no support of OneDrive for Business, existing entries cannot be converted into a template, copying/moving entries between vaults isn't working, location of the database cannot be changed etc).

My simple question is: What's Enpass' company strategy - is this going to continue to be sort of hobby or do you have the firm intention to make it a commercially successful product? If so, you will not only need to start charging for it (I'll be only too happy to pay), you will also need to accelerate the go-to-market.  

• Like 1

Hi Enpass-Team

this is very much related to the recent post "Roadmap request".

I'm pretty sure many people appreciate the effort making a good tool.
But I fully agree with Vargo that Enpass can be only successful in a professional environment, if certain aspects are met:

• Roadmap reliability (When to expect release for a specific platform? What will be the content). Just saying: "It's done when it's done"  is not enough.
  • Company reliability (all said by Vargo above) - Just to repeat with my words: I'm quite nervous to use Enpass in my business after paying the mobile software once not knowing, if you still work on bug fixes and enhancements next month.
  • Transparency (e.g. What is your strategy in general?)
  • Security / Trust (e.g. Audit was discussed several times)

Again, for private purpose the current situation might be sufficient - but for a business environment the next step needs to be done.

I hope, we could make our point.

Thanks
Kingshill

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. I truly appreciate your kindness in introducing Enpass to your companies.

On 8/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Vargo said:

I can only presume that the Enpass team has full-time jobs and they work on Enpass only part-time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, we all need to make a living. However, if they intend to make Enpass a commercial success, they will need to speed up things quite a bit. There are quite a few glaring shortcomings in the beta version which make it impossible for me to roll it out on a company-wide basis (no support of OneDrive for Business, existing entries cannot be converted into a template, copying/moving entries between vaults isn't working, location of the database cannot be changed etc).

I would like to share that we are working full-time on Enpass to make it one of the best password manager available in the market. The Enpass 6 betas rolled out so far lacks some features which we keep on adding with every subsequent beta update. Coming to your list of requested features:

• No support of OneDrive for Business- The Microsoft team is already working to make more straightforward APIs for developers to work with OneDrive for business and we are waiting for their response. More details are here.

Onedrive_Business.png.13b8ee7ecf252704bd18018837c419ec.png

• Existing entries cannot be converted into a template- Yes, an existing entry can't be converted directly into a template. But Enpass 6 desktop app allows you to define your own Custom Template or you can modify an existing one as per your necessities.

• Copying/moving entries between vaults aren't working- There might be some misunderstanding as Enpass 6 does allow copying/moving items from one vault to another. Both the options (Copy/Move) appear when you right click on the item(s) and select "Add to Vault." While doing this, please make sure that a particular vault (Not All Vaults) is selected in the Sidebar.

Enpass_012.png.bcb72c904129178167692ee064da78d1.png

• Location of the database cannot be changed- Noted and I'll be more than happy to forward this along to our devs as a feedback request for future consideration. Thanks!

On 8/22/2018 at 1:52 AM, kingshill said:
  • Roadmap reliability (When to expect release for a specific platform? What will be the content). Just saying: "It's done when it's done"  is not enough.
  • Company reliability (all said by Vargo above) - Just to repeat with my words: I'm quite nervous to use Enpass in my business after paying the mobile software once not knowing, if you still work on bug fixes and enhancements next month.
  • Transparency (e.g. What is your strategy in general?)
  • Security / Trust (e.g. Audit was discussed several times)

I am sorry to say but currently, we don't have plans to make the Enpass road-map public. For security audit, we are on it and the audit will start with the final Betas of Enpass. We assure you that the final release in the market will be duly audited. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding.