Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass on a tiling wm like i3

foob

Hi,

I am using the tiling window manage i3. I have a few workspaces (1-9) between which I switch via hotkeys. Windows are handled a bit different and each window is assigned to a workspace.

After updating to Enpass6, I opened it on workspace 9. I also see the tray icon now in my polybar (also some custom menu bar app). When I'm on a different workspace now (for example 2) in the browser and click on the enpass browser extension icon, nothing happens. This is because the context window of Enpass (which shows all matching logins) is now opened on workspace 9 where the original enpass app was opened. This was different on Enpass 5 where this window was shown on top of the browser. I just tried downgrading to Enpass 5 now, but the updated Chrome extension now is not able to work with Enpass 5 again... So is there any recommended fix for Enpass 6 and until this: Where do I find an old version of the chrome browser extension until Enpass 6 works as expected?

Thanks,
foob

I'm experiencing a similar problem with the browser extension on Arch linux. I'm using Sway as window manager, which is similar to i3, but using Wayland instead of X.

If I press the Enpass icon in my browser, I only see the small Enpass window flashing and it disappears immeadiately.

I had no problems with Enpass 5 using exactly the same configuration.

Thanks,

Chris

From what I was able to tell, both the popup browser window and the main Enpass window have the same WM_CLASS attributes. In order to avoid the browser window disappearing, I had to change my i3 configuration. I removed the rule "for_window [class="Enpass"] move container to workspace $ws7" and now the browser popup and main application can be in different workspaces.