Enpass Discussion Forum

Poll: Reply if you feel wronged having to repay for features previously purchased

Terry

I purchased Enpass UWP for $10 for two reasons:

• Open with Windows Hello
  • Sync to my Windows Mobile device

Enpassed promised that those of us who purchased the UWP version would not be disappointed with the update to Enpass 6.

Enpass 6 automatically (without requiring permission) updated and replaced the UWP version. Results:

• I can no longer sync with my Windows Mobile device
  • I have to pay again for Premium features to enable Windows Hello

I paid a "one-time fee" for a "lifetime license", and yet after a few months the features I originally paid for have been made void or have to be re-purchased in the new version.

The only argument for forcing us to pay again for "premium features" is that Enpass 6 and previous versions are completely different products. But the fact that the Microsoft Store automatically updates Enpass 5/UWP to Enpass 6 contradicts that argument. If they really were "completely different products" then I could choose between them, or go back and reinstall the "completely different product" . . . but it has been removed from the Store.

I feel misled by Enpass. I am greatly disappointed in this price policy. They have lost my trust.

Reply here if you feel the same . . . maybe it will gain attention and hopefully a positive response.

Edited by Terry
  • Like 1

Interesting, Microsoft Store didn't update our Enpass UWP automatically. We had to install V6 manually, resulting in BOTH V5 + V6 being installed.

In any case, I'd prefer V6 to just work and provide the same slick, simple UI and user experience that the UWP had. The fact that you always need to enter the master password once after restarting the device is ultra-annoying.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, Terry said:

I purchased Enpass UWP for $10 for two reasons:

• Open with Windows Hello
  • Sync to my Windows Mobile device

Enpassed promised that those of us who purchased the UWP version would not be disappointed with the update to Enpass 6.

Enpass 6 automatically (without requiring permission) updated and replaced the UWP version. Results:

• I can no longer sync with my Windows Mobile device
  • I have to pay again for Premium features to enable Windows Hello

I paid a "one-time fee" for a "lifetime license", and yet after a few months the features I originally paid for have been made void or have to be re-purchased in the new version.

The only argument for forcing us to pay again for "premium features" is that Enpass 6 and previous versions are completely different products. But the fact that the Microsoft Store automatically updates Enpass 5/UWP to Enpass 6 contradicts that argument. If they really were "completely different products" then I could choose between them, or go back and reinstall the "completely different product" . . . but it has been removed from the Store.

I feel misled by Enpass. I am greatly disappointed in this price policy. They have lost my trust.

Reply here if you feel the same . . . maybe it will gain attention and hopefully a positive response.

Correct. No trust. Total rip-off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 10:15 AM, pineman said:

If you don't want to pay, install the previous version - simples!

Not if you want to keep cross-platform capability, which was a feature of the lifetime license. Android Enpass v6 *cannot* sync with UWP Windows v5. The UWP app becomes unsyncable with any other platform if it's v6. This is not mentioned and therefore once Android updates, the ability to go back one version is gone.

So your "simple" fix is simply not true by any stretch.

• Like 1

The biggest problem I have is that cross-syncing is broken. This also wasn't very clearly stated at any time. My phone is set to automatically update apps. I've never had to worry that a lifetime license would suddenly expire previously so I didn't bother to make sure I always check every app update on my phone that it won't break my apps on other platforms.

• Like 1