Enpass Discussion Forum

Newb sanity check on usage of Enpass

Mr. Cheese

Hi guys,

I'm new to EnPass, and wanted to run a scenario by more knowledgeable folks to make sure I'm not doing anything dumb. My configuration is simple, one desktop PC, and one iphone. Have enpass installed on both. I've loaded up passwords on PC, synced them to one of the supported clouds, and pulled them down on my iphone, all no problem. I'm a paranoid SOB especially when dealing with passwords, so the thought of that sync file, even though encrypted, out in the cloud bugs me.

So what I have done is manually dump that sync file off of the cloud. Now if I follow the rule (limitation) that I can only create/dekete/update passwords on my desktop, is this safe to do? So an update procedure would be add new data to desktop, generate cloud file, sync up iphone, then immediately delete cloud sync file. I realize that I cannot safely generate any new entries on the iphone as if I also did on desktop, I may cause some kind of conflict I think (not sure). For me it's ok that the iphone is read only. But I figure since I now have data in 2 places (iphone, desktop) if one of them craps out I can always generate a sync file file from the computer or phone whichever is working, and push it to the broken device once I fixed it. If both devices fail at the same time, then I'm SOL. 

Does this seem like a reasonable way to go?

Any feedback appreciated.