Enpass Discussion Forum

New Portable - Error - Missing DLL files

renz

First, thank you for the first Beta of Portable Enpass!  Thanks for following up...

Unfortunately, I can't run the Windows v6 portable Enpass on my work laptop (Windows 10 Professional x64) - I have two errors pop up when I start the portable app:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."  The same error pops up right after for VCRUNTIME140.dll as well. 

I have other portable apps that use the same dll's and can function on my work laptop.  For example Beeftext and Postbox (running from a folder) work fine (both MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll found in their app folders).  So I copied those dll's into the main and "Program Files" folders.  The DLL error went away, but then this Application Error popped up:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I noticed that the old v5 of Portable Enpass had a lot of dll files in the program folder and that the newest one only has UWPComponents.dll by default.

Any suggestions how to fix?  I obviously cannot register/install these DLLs in Windows as I'm not an administrator...

Edited by renz
Adding the Platform of my work laptop

Thanks for the reply Ivarson, but as previously stated, I don't have admin rights... I can't install the Visual C++ update you linked to...

I do note, however, that Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable is installed on my work laptop if that assists with a solution to my problem...

Edited by renz
Adding info about my work laptop

Guest Vikram Dabas

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Very soon we will ship another beta update which will carry the missing files. Till then, please wait and co-operate with us.

• 2 years later...

On 4/1/2019 at 9:59 PM, Ivarson said:

For anyone who does have local admin privs and can install systemwide applications, I got it working using https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=52685 (x86, not x64).

Obivously not desireable procedure for portable mode, but remember this is beta.

I signed in the forum, using the enpass manager you just helped me to repair ! Thanks a lot ! <3 

Edited by GregMadman

• 1 year later...