plerzelwupp

Generate QR Code from keyfile

Hello :-)
On the desktop-version you have the posibility to generate a keyfile in addition to the master-password. On Android you can scan the QR-Code from this keyfile.Just a stupid question, I wasn't able to find the solution. How can I generate the QR-Code from the keyfile on Windows  - to scan it for Android?

Thanks in advance and many greetings :-)

Oliver

Edited by plerzelwupp
additional information

One hour later - I found it. I wonder why this rather hidden feature is not documented anywhere - not in the manual and not in the knowledgebase.

Anyway - thanks a lot - I love Enpass - good work! :)

17 hours ago, plerzelwupp said:

One hour later - I found it. I wonder why this rather hidden feature is not documented anywhere - not in the manual and not in the knowledgebase.

Anyway - thanks a lot - I love Enpass - good work! :)

Could you detail where you found this hidden feature, please.

Sorry, I would have explained it - but I have the german version. OK, I try it:

Only if you have activated the feature "keyfile" (which is also a bit hidden on the bottom of preferences where you change the Master-password), you'll get a new entry in the vault menu under preferences (3 points - see screenshot) - behind these 3 points you'll get the barcode. 

I think it's difficult to find - I searched through the web and found nothing. Would be better, to find it in the tools-menu - or under vault-info, where the information is, if you have chosen the keyfile (f.e.). Sorry for my bad english - I hope you understand ;-)

Inkedscreenshot_LI.png

Edited by plerzelwupp
corrections
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, plerzelwupp said:

Sorry for my bad english - I hope you understand ;-)

Thanks for the explanations, and your English is better than my non-existent German or any other second language for that matter.

• Haha 1