Enpass Discussion Forum

Clear Clipboard After 30 Seconds

Michael

I was doing random work when my clipboard kept getting cleared even without using Enpass. After going to the Enpass settings and disabling this feature my clipboard stopped clearing itself. Not sure if it matters but Enpass was unlocked during this time. Shouldn't the clipboard clearing feature only fire when a password has been copied?

• Like 1

Hello Michael

It was a bit weird situation when we get to know about the issue you are facing. Please confirm if I am right when I say that Everything that you copy on clipboard from any software is being cleared according to the Clear clipboard setting of Enpass. While the default scenario is that only the values copied from Enpass (and too by copy button) will be cleared from clipboard.  We are not able to reproduce the issue here in our test environment, so to investigate into it further please confirm your Linux distro and desktop environment.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that Enpass is clearing any copied content - even when it's locked and content is totally not related with Enpass (e.g. copied from kwrite). It cleans both text and image entries.

I'm using recent kubuntu:

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial

It's kubuntu desktop environment, I'm using klipper (not sure if it have any impact but may be worth mentioning).

When I disable auto clibpboard cleanup feature in Enpass clipboard works fine. 

Also, I see that Enpass is reacting to clipboard changes - I've copied some text from kwrite while running strace on Enpass process:

# strace -p 5667 2>&1 | grep --line-buffered "CLIPBOARD" | LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/ts
Jun 15 11:34:51 writev(3, [{"\20\0\5\0\t\0\0\0CLIPBOARD\0\0\0", 20}], 1) = 20
Jun 15 11:34:51 writev(3, [{"\20\0\5\0\t\0\0\0CLIPBOARD\0\0\0", 20}], 1) = 20
Jun 15 11:35:20 writev(3, [{"\20\0\5\0\t\0\0\0CLIPBOARD\0\0\0", 20}], 1) = 20

First two lines appeared when I copied the text to clipboard. The last line was produced when clipboard was cleared. I did not touch Enpass in meantime at all.