Enpass Discussion Forum

synchronization between IOS

Enrico Götsch

Out of more than 100 passwords with Enpass on the Windos device and IOS device (iPhone), not all entries are synchronized with an additional IOS device (iPad). About 50% of all entries are missing. The first synchronization took place in the same network and all IOS devices are up to date with the latest software. The synchronization was activated several times. Can someone help?

Hi @Enrico Götsch,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

For quick troubleshooting, disconnect the sync from all the devices and reconnect it again. Now do some sample change like mark any item to favorite, add a new item in any one device. Now check does the changes are reflected in other devices?

If your problem persists, please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.
  • Which cloud service are you using?
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync page?

• 2 years later...

Hello developers, 
After a critical recession in the Apple Store for your app, I was asked by Appel to contact you again and directly. 
I would like to do that again. 
I've been using your product for years and, like many other users, I've been complaining for years that the synchronization of data across multiple Apple devices isn't working properly. A completed synchronization will be indicated when manually initiating this process, but not all data will be transferred. This error has already been reported to you several times by different users.... The standard response from the developer is: "Sorry ... but reinstall the app" Dear developer, if you have several Apple devices on which your app is installed, then you use them on different devices. This means that you create new passwords for different applications and save them in the app. At some point, for example after a month, you realize that the passwords were not synchronized. If the developer now asks me to delete the app and thus lose my passwords, which I have installed on different devices for a month or more in order to possibly achieve error-free synchronization in the future, then that is mockery and ridicule and not a solution . 
It also doesn't matter whether it's an iPhone 7 or newer, MacBook Air or iPad, the problem of data synchronization is a fundamental problem that is not related to the individual device and has existed with Enpass for years. 
I wish that a programmer would look for a solution to this problem and not answer with the general demand for a new installation. 
Thank you Enrico 

Enrico Götsch

• On which devices and OS versions (mention all) are you using Enpass? 
  • --- iPhone 7, MacBook Air, iPad
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • --- where es el nr in the program 
  • Are you getting any error message or code during sync? If yes, share it with us.
  • -- No
  • Which cloud service are you using
  • -- iCloud 
  • Does the Date and Time setting set to automatic on all devices?
  • -- Yes,  but I  start too de Sync manual  
  • Does the last synced time get updated on the sync 
  • -- i don't know