Enpass Discussion Forum

Silent/Unattended Installation

niemalsnever

Hello,

I'd like to make Enpass for Windows available for our clients at university to install on their work computers using a software deployment solution like Microsoft SCCM. For that I'd like to know how I can convince Enpass to install and uninstall silently, that is to say without any user interaction or user interface. I need to know the parameters I'd have to pass to the Enpass installer to perform such a silent/unattended installation.

Kind Regards
Sven

• 2 months later...

Hi @niemalsnever

Sorry for the late response, skipping this thread was just an oversight.

To install Enpass silently please follow these steps:

• Download Enpass.
  • Open Command Prompt --> Go to Enpass download location and run this command 
Enpass_5.6.0_Setup.exe /ALLUSER /S

For uninstalling:

• Open Command Prompt --> Go to installation location and run this command
 uninstall.exe /ALLUSER /S

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I tested those commands you mentioned, and installing works beautifully, uninstalling gives me that pesky dialogue you can see in the attached screenshot. Is there any way to just give the command to uninstall without any confirmation windows? (Similar to /qn for MSI Installation Packages)

The script I'm running extracts the UninstallString from the Windows registry and then appends the silent parameters to that string before running it, as you should be able to see in the command prompt window.

Thanks for your help!

enpass_silent_uninstall_is_not_silent.png

Hi @niemalsnever,

Thanks for writing back.

1 hour ago, niemalsnever said:

Is there any way to just give the command to uninstall without any confirmation windows? (Similar to /qn for MSI Installation Packages)

Yes, there was glitch in uninstall script and a fix will be available in the next update. 

Your co-operation is highly appreciated.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, might've found a new bug with this. The current version of the installer (Enpass v5.6.5) does not create the start menu shortcuts for all users. I'm using the following command line:

Enpass_5.6.5_Setup.exe /ALLUSER /S

Which is run as the SYSTEM user. Start menu shortcuts seem to only be created for the user who runs the installation. The silent uninstallation bug seems fixed though.

• 3 months later...