Enpass Discussion Forum

Error when using extension (Safari and Firefox)

Since a few days I have been getting an error message on Safari when I'm using „engpass" with the icon.

An new window is open: Connection error

How can I renew the extension (It es with Safari not possible); how can I reinstall Enpass without losing my passwords?

Thanks

Hey @PSt

Welcome to the forum!

It seems Enpass extension is unable to establish connection with the main app. Make sure you have the main app installed. Also, check if you have any proxy or third-party browser extension like AdGuard which might be the reason for the extension issue.

If the problem persists, please revert to us with the answer to the following queries and we will get it sorted out for you:

• On which device along with OS version are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass and Enpass extension version you using?

Thanks!

@Garima Singh I also face this issue with Edge and Chrome on Windows. I also use AdGuard for PC. Please help how to fix this issue without affection to AdGuard.

I click Enpass icon on browser then it call Enpass well and I also enter PIN to open Enpass but browser still shows "Connection Error"

===========================

I tried Enpass for PC(6.5.1) and Enpass from WIndows Store (6.5.1) on Enpass extension (6.4 version) from Microsoft Store and Chrome Store .

I purchased Enpass so I can use full feature in Windows

Thanks You

HI @Binh Truong,

We would like to inform you that sharing the Enpass app logs and Extension option is only available in the Website version of Enpass. If you are using the website version, follow the below steps; otherwise, please take the backup of Enpass data and reinstall the Enpass app from the link.

Enable Logs in the Advanced Settings. If you face issues, copy logs and send them to us directly on support@enpass.io. To do so, you can share the logs by following the steps- Open Enpass > Settings > Advanced > Enable logs, and when Enpass crashes, copy logs and send it to us. 

Thanks for your co-operation.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, Pratyush Sharma said:

HI @Binh Truong,

We would like to inform you that sharing the Enpass app logs and Extension option is only available in the Website version of Enpass. If you are using the website version, follow the below steps; otherwise, please take the backup of Enpass data and reinstall the Enpass app from the link.

Enable Logs in the Advanced Settings. If you face issues, copy logs and send them to us directly on support@enpass.io. To do so, you can share the logs by following the steps- Open Enpass > Settings > Advanced > Enable logs, and when Enpass crashes, copy logs and send it to us. 

Thanks for your co-operation.

Today I hit this issue again. I attach log from Enpass for Desktop and Extension

Enpass_Extension.plist Enpass_Windows_Traditional.plist