Enpass Discussion Forum

Option to disable the integrated crash reporter

sxc4567

Can we please have a simple toggle (perhaps under Settings -> Advanced) to "disable integrated crash reporter".  Privacy conscious users will certainly appreciate the option too.

Background

For over a year, Enpass has been less than stable on Linux.  I have documented, extensively, the issues faced.  Things have improved a little recently with 6.5.0, before worsening again with 6.5.1.  In any case, it's still far off with Enpass crashing at least a few times on me daily.  This is on "vanilla" Ubuntu LTS (20.04), which has to be the most used desktop Linux distribution.

The integrated crash reporter makes a bad situation worse by wasting even more time (up to a few seconds) upon a crash.  I have used it to report *hundreds* of crashes and that seems to have made very little difference as to the stability of the product, nor did I ever get any feedback so I strongly suspect that all my reports are going down a great big black hole.  Even if they were actually useful, it should be possible to disable it after reporting, say, 5 crashes.

Thank you very much.

Edited by sxc4567

Hi @sxc4567,

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

17 hours ago, sxc4567 said:

Can we please have a simple toggle (perhaps under Settings -> Advanced) to "disable integrated crash reporter".  Privacy conscious users will certainly appreciate the option too.

We have noted down your valuable suggestion and forwarded it to the concerned team for further consideration. Thanks for your feedback!

17 hours ago, sxc4567 said:

For over a year, Enpass has been less than stable on Linux.  I have documented, extensively, the issues faced.  Things have improved a little recently with 6.5.0, before worsening again with 6.5.1.  In any case, it's still far off with Enpass crashing at least a few times on me daily.  This is on "vanilla" Ubuntu LTS (20.04), which has to be the most used desktop Linux distribution.

We are already aware of this issue and our Dev team is working on it. Hopefully, fix will be available in the next update. Till then, we will request you to please co-operate with us.

Thanks for your co-operation.