Enpass Discussion Forum

iPhone migration is very dangerous

FuN_KeY

I recently upgraded to a newer iphone, and copied the content from the old one to the new.

At first, I was pretty pleased/surprised to see that all my passwords were migrated as well, with the cloud sync & all.

Sadly, it completely blew up my OneDrive sync. It feels like the new iphone has a different enpass DB, with the same content, and that it could not sync anymore with the cloud.

On other device I was told that the Enpass database has been removed from OneDrive and was offered to repload it. When doing so, I was greeted with the same error on my new iphone (and so on).

I will fix that by completely reinitializing Enpass on the iPhone, but the current behavior towards sync is very, very, very dangerous. I was lucky to catch the problem early, but if I would have spend 6 months with the 2 conflicting databases I would have had a hard time doing the reconciliation and could even have lost passwords.