Enpass Discussion Forum

Installing and sync with dropbox: doesn't recognize password

Dougga

I've been round and round this process and there something very wrong.

This is a new installation of Windows 10, just updated this afternoon.

I installed enpass through the absurdly annoying store.

I try to sync with Dropbox with all sorts of flipping between applications.  The last hand-off doesn't seem to work as I have to manually switch back to the Enpass application where it is asking me for "The password for the data".  I'm not certain what this means as this term is not used anywhere else, but is appears to be the "Master Password" for the Enpass database.

This does not work.

I've tried it many times, even with the password being displayed for me on enpass on my laptop.  Nothing works.  I just get the error that the password is wrong.

Can anyone help?

Hi @Dougga,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

7 hours ago, Dougga said:

The last hand-off doesn't seem to work as I have to manually switch back to the Enpass application

That's strange! There could be some issue with the browser, so we suggest try changing your default browser and let us know if the problem persists.

7 hours ago, Dougga said:

it is asking me for "The password for the data".

The password of the data means the password of the vault you are trying to restore from Dropbox. If you are restoring the primary vault, use the master password. In case, if you are using multiple vaults, make sure you are using the password of the same vault you are restoring.

If the issue persists, let us know if you can access all your data on any other device? If yes, follow these steps and revert to us:

• Disconnect sync from all devices. 
  • Open Dropbox in any browser --> App --> Open Enpass Folder --> Select vault.enpassdbsync file --> Rename it as oldvault.enpassdbsync.
  • Open Enpass on the device you can access the data and enable sync with Dropbox. This will establish sync with Dropbox and a new file(vault.enpassdbsync) on Dropbox will be created.
  • Now set up sync on all the devices.

Thanks for your co-operation.

• 4 months later...

Hi @Duxx,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

In order to disconnect sync from your dropbox follow the steps mentioned-below in your Enpass:

1. Open Enpass in your device--> Go to Settings--> Click on "Vaults"--> Select the "vault" (which is synced with dropbox)--> Under Synchronize                     option "Click on disconnect".

2. Now perform step 1 in all your devices.

Steps to be performed on your Dropbox account.

3. Open Dropbox in any Browser--> Go to App --> Open Enpass folder --> Select vault.enpassdbsync file --> Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync.

Steps to be performed on your Enpass again to reconnect sync with dropbox.

4. Now Open your Enpass -->Go to Settings-->Click on "Vaults"--> Select the "vault" (which you want to sync with Dropbox)--> Click on "Set up                      Sync"--> Select Dropbox.

5. Now perform step 4 in all your devices.

Do let me know if this works for you.

Cheers!!