Enpass Discussion Forum

Main password error

MirkoMK

I’m using Enpass in my iphone with Touch-ID access and in my iMac by entering manually the main password.

But in my iPad-mini (witout touch-ID) with an old, not upgradable, iOS 9.3.6, the entering of the main password doesn’t work: always i got “please retry”

How can I solve it?

Hey @MirkoMK

We regret the problem you are facing, but we’re here to help. To do so, please share the following details:

1. Which Enpass version are you using on the each devices?
  2. Are you using cloud to sync the Enpass data?
  3. How many vaults do you have in your Enpass?
  4. How long you're using Enpass on iPad and how you restored the Enpass data to it?
  5. Did you start facing this issue recently or did you face the same problem earlier as well?

Thanks!

Dear Garima,

1. in iPhone the version is 6.6.3; I think the same for iPad, but I can’t be sure because I’m not able to Unlock and going to settings menu.

2. I imagine yes, but where i can check it ?

3. 2

4. I never was able to use it

5. all time

//Mirko

Hey @MirkoMK

If you can Enpass data on the iMac, you can restore the data on your iPad device using WiFi restore option. To do so, follow the below steps-

Pre-condition: Make sure that your Mobile device and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi and your Mobile’s screen remains in the foreground throughout the following process:

Step: 1

1. Open Enpass on your macOS device.
  2. Take the backup of the Enpass database and save it manually on the device.

Step: 2:

1. Reinstall Enpass on your iPad device.
  2. Now open Enpass --> It will display a welcome screen.
  3. Click on the "RESTORE EXISTING" option.
  4. Click on WiFi
  5. Enter the URL address visible in the iOS device(iPad) to the macOS System (where you have taken the backup) and follow this link to restore the data from the macOS to the iPad.

Hope this helps!

Hi Garima,

many thanks for your reply.

By following your process, after the new installation, if I choose the WiFi restore option, the iPad APP crashed.

Otherwise, if I choose to restore from iCloud, the data are normally restored and it seems to work.

Mnay thanks

//Mirko

• Like 1