Enpass Discussion Forum

After update, hotkey opens new tab; Autofill doesn't work

kingliam

After the latest update, the hotkey no longer autofills the username and password on any website. Instead, it opens a new tab showing the browser "Enpass Settings" page. I have tried resetting the hotkey under both "Activate the extension" and "Autofill or show Enpass" sections under the settings. Both open the "Enpass Settings" page in a new tab.

Browser version: Firefox v 94.0.1 (x64) (current as of Nov 20, 2021)

I've attached a screenshot of the page its opening. I don't have any global shortcuts setup.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 6.27.32 PM.png

After some more debugging, I've discovered that the hotkey "⌘⇧." is permanently wired to open this settings page for Enpass even if I clear all of the keyboard shortcuts and/or set them to other hotkeys. Prior to the latest update, this didn't happen. I don't have any global Enpass or other hotkeys setup. This hotkey is hard wired to the settings page in Firefox.

What bothers me with this behaviour is that Enpass has made it so, that Firefox default keyboard shortcuts are not permitted anymore to be used as a Enpass keyboard shortcut, and these settings are hardcoded to new version of Enpass. What Enpass should do instead, is to check system keyboard bingings in Firefox (and other browsers) since in macOS at least you can alter every possible keyboard shortcut to be something else. In my case, I have defined Firefox default "⌘ + e" shortcut to be something else in order to free that key combination to be used as a Enpass shortcut for autofill. Now with new version of Enpass this key combination cannot be used anymore because it is Firefox default key combination, even though it has no functionality binded in to it. This happened to me before I updated to Firefox 94.01 so this must be due to Enpass, not Firefox.

enpass-autofill-shortcut-not-working.jpg.e013e64b2c759850336abc28abd8358b.jpg