Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill on IOS and Sync problem

vidario

Hi to all! I have a problem with syncing on ios. I changed a login password from the desktop (windows) version and then tried to open the same login page from Safari on my mobile phone (without opening the enpass app first). The result was that the autofill within Safari kept suggesting the old password. Do I have to open enpass first in order to use the new credentials on Safari?

Thank you!

Hi @vidario!

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. I'm using the Windows version of Enpass and the iOS version. I'm syncing via WiFi-Sync from Windows 11 to all my other devices.

I just added a number onto a working password in Windows app. Then I did not open Enpass app on iOS. I only opened the app, I changed the password for. When opening the autofill-popup there was the sync-icon in the top left corner indicating the sync process as you can see in the screenshot below.

image.thumb.png.81d82bc3e86d3c478a2bd07e6816565d.png

Then the new password was used which was wrong now because of the added number in the Windows app.

Did I miss something? :/

• Like 1

Hi @vidario

You don't have to open the Enpass app on your iOS device for the changes to reflect. I would recommend creating a manual backup of your data on Windows PC, disconnecting the synchronization from all the connected devices for the affected vault and setting up synchronization again. If the issue persists, kindly share the below details with me, and I'll be happy to get this checked for you - 

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using of your Windows PC and iOS device.
  2. The cloud service you are using to synchronize your data.
  3. A screenshot of any error occurring would be helpful.

Thanks for the reply. I am using desktop version (website version) 6.7.4 (933) on windows 10 and version 6.7.1 (572) on IOS (Iphone 12 Pro). The cloud service I am using is Icloud. I recorded a short video showing that when enpass is opened from safari the sync icon keeps spinning without completing the operation. If I open the app directly, the synchronization is successful in a few moments. Here is the link to the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mVcqBqIuIXBoIuq49sWTWdxFdZJtzYl/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1