Enpass Discussion Forum

iCloud Stuck While Syncing

pmcruiser

I have a M1 Mac Book air and I've setup Enpass and synced it with the vault I have in iCloud. It downloads the vault but once it's done it keeps on trying to sync and never completes. If I make a change or add an entry it doesn't sync it to iCloud. This is pretty frustrating since I use the laptop a lot and would like to be able to add items to Enpass and have it sync to my other devices that are synced to the cloud (iPhone and Mac Mini). Any insight on how this can be resolved?

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.59.34 PM.png

Hi @pmcruiser

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

Apologies for the inconvenience in this case. For quick troubleshooting,  please create a manual backup first, then remove the synchronization from all the connected devices and resync them again. If the issue persists, please share the below information with me, and I'll be happy to get this checked for you -

1. Version of the Enpass app on your M1 Mac Book air
  2. Are you facing a similar issue on your iPhone and Mac mini as well?

Hi @Abhishek Dewan! I've deleted the app and data off my Mac Book air several times and tried to sync with the same results. I just tried to do what you suggested and I'm still having the issue on my M1 Mac Book air. My iPhone and Mac mini sync fine.

1. I'm using Enpass version 6.7.3 (888) downloaded from the Apple App Store. (See screenshot)
  2. As I stated above this issue is only affecting my M1 Mac Book Air and not my Mac mini or my iPhone. I'm on Mac OS 12.0.1 (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.44.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 6.47.17 PM.png

Edited by pmcruiser
  • Like 1

@Abhishek Dewan Hi, I'm just curious if this bug is exclusive to M1 Macs or if it could affect any Mac? I'm running 11.1 Big Sur and experiencing the same endless syncing/never completing issue on a 2018 Mac Mini with Enpass 6.7.3 and I'm just wondering if I should wait for the fix you guys are working on (although a workaround would be nice, if you can suggest one!) or report it separately?

Regardless of OS, all of my devices except for an iPhone are failing to sync via iCloud. I am unable to turn off cloud sync or select a different sync location within the App to even reset the iCloud login. It just sits stuck failing to synchronize. All devices are running the most recent version of the application.

10813431_ScreenShot2021-11-18at3_12_17PM.thumb.png.a68d669d41ff3a2030b259dc2f633ddb.png

I am encountering the same issue with a Mac Mini Monterey 12.0.1, Enpass version 6.7.4 (938).  Date and time are automatic. calendar, notes, ect sync with ICloud fine but not Enpass.  The circle under Synchronizing just keeps spinning. No way to point sync to icloud but it seems already to be trying icloud without stopping. I tried unclicking Enpass in the icloud section of system preferences but no help.

I think I may have fixed it at least for now.  I went to Preferences, WiFi Sync, clicked primary.  It then asked if I wanted to disconnect from icloud and use WiFi.  I said yes, then closed Enpass and reopened.  I then stopped WiFi sync and re selected icloud. Now it seems to sync.

• Like 3

On 11/19/2021 at 11:18 AM, JAR said:

I think I may have fixed it at least for now.  I went to Preferences, WiFi Sync, clicked primary.  It then asked if I wanted to disconnect from icloud and use WiFi.  I said yes, then closed Enpass and reopened.  I then stopped WiFi sync and re selected icloud. Now it seems to sync.

Thanks @JAR! That worked for me. Enpass should add you to the team.

• Haha 1

Hello @Abhishek Dewan
I have the same problem with Windows 10 20H2 - 19042.1348
I've already reset all Enpass (erase everything option and restore the vault synchronized with iCloud) and after the first sync, it restores a copy of iCloud.

Back to getting stuck in a loop trying to sync

Enpass 6.7.4 (934) (Windows Store)

Thanks

On 11/16/2021 at 4:07 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @pmcruiser

After a thorough investigation, we have reproduced the issue on our end. Our dedicated team is looking into a possible fix, to be implemented in the future Enpass versions. Appreciate your support and patience in the meantime.

#SI-2432

1535114999_iCloudSync.JPG.6b4249a59676360c7c79da8b6e248d44.JPG732209728_6.7.4(934).JPG.f3dbccde42caec8ca58e2d2ebaa41524.JPG

Edited by Takato

On 11/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, JAR said:

Thank you JAR! I too was having the same issue. I wouldn't exactly call this a "fix", but it certainly is an excellent workaround. I would not have thought of this on my own.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 2:18 PM, JAR said:

Yep, I was having the same issue: endless syncing, never synced. Cycling iCloud sync by starting WiFi and disabling it again seemed to fix it for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @pmcruiser

Our dedicated development team is still working on a patch for this issue, and it will be released soon. I will not be able to provide any ETA at the moment but rest assured, I'm closely following up on this case, and I will be sure to update this forum regarding any new's on this issue. Enpass appreciates your patience and co-operation in the meantime.

1 hour ago, dynamiclynk said:

Is there a fix for this or will I need to move back to 1password?

1Password is only supporting your iCloud vault till version 7! If you are using version 8 you need to set up a subscription, and you have to use their own cloud for synching your vault.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you figure out how to get it to sync to iCloud again?

Enpass on one of my windows machines is now stuck "Synchronizing..." for the last two days. The only advice I've found online is to disconnect it from iCloud and sign back in. Unfortunately I haven't found any way to disconnect it. I think the disconnect button only shows up when it's not syncing (which is never).

Update:

After finding another issue on my computer that didn't seem related, I was instructed to "runnetsh winsock reset as Administrator and then reboot my computer". It didn't fix the other issue, but it did fix my Enpass syncing! Hope it helps others too.

Edited by nephariouz
fixed syncing error
  • Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 2:43 PM, herson said:

I'm in the same situation with the mac desktop client, sync icons always turning and never completes, is there a similar command I can run on a mac?

Thanks,

Same here. Spins and spins on a secondary vault. Can't find ANYTHING online about fixing this. Found some similar problems that recommended to reset your iCloud sync, but there's no option to do that in Enpass. Vault just circles and circles like it's syncing, but never does.

6 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Same here. Spins and spins on a secondary vault. Can't find ANYTHING online about fixing this. Found some similar problems that recommended to reset your iCloud sync, but there's no option to do that in Enpass. Vault just circles and circles like it's syncing, but never does.

Addendum: I "reauthenticated" iCloud on iPhone, but now it also just spins and spins

• Moderator changed the title to iCloud Stuck While Syncing