Enpass Discussion Forum

Bring the option to block the inline autofill completely from the Enpass itself.

GwynBleidD

Please bring the option to disable the inline autofill completely from the Enpass, as a security feature!

One of reasons I've chosen enpass is the separation between the agent and browser. I can configure enpass, so browser never has any access to my passwords without my knowledge, which prevents any 0-click malicious extensions from stealing my passwords.

With new inline autofill this feature is lost. I can either completely disable browser integration or have it done in less secure way it was previously. As the "old way" of filling passwords still works, please give us the option to completely disable the new way from the enpass itself, so browser extension can't override it.

Hi @GwynBleidD,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The Inline option can be disabled from the Browser Settings by clicking on the three dots on the top right of your browser. You will be redirected to a webpage where you can manage these settings and disable the "Show Inline Autofill Popup" which will restrict the use of popup menu for autofilling.

image.png.a0a83be8d6ba90ec6fac38e96b0f28d2.png

@GwynBleidD,

On 1/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, GwynBleidD said:

One of reasons I've chosen enpass is the separation between the agent and browser

It is my pleasure to reassure you that Enpass being an offline password manager allows users to control their data. However, your information is never shared with the browser when using in-line auto-fill. Your concern is that a browser's password manager may pose a security risk, but Enpass In-line autofill is completely safe and secure, having zero dependencies on the specific browser.

Nonetheless, I have forwarded your feedback for feasibility. Enpass appreciates such loyal and active users.