Enpass Discussion Forum

[Solved] Problem in using Enpass v5.2.0 on Traditional Windows

Vikram Dabas

Hi Guys,

This post is all about the critical issue in Enpass 5.2.0 on Traditional Windows desktop which is prohibiting the users in either using Enpass Extension or even in installing it. All this because we had to change the code signature of Enpass desktop App for Traditional Windows (our mistake that it got revoked somehow ☹).

Actually all this happened with just a slight miscommunication between us (the Enpass team), and the Comodo support team (which provide us the code signing for Windows executables). The day was 24th June, we requested Comodo team to replace our signing certificate with SHA-256 capable certificate. As usual, the request was executed by the Comodo web interface successfully and we were provided with a new certificate at that very moment. But the issue was, even after the execution of request, we were getting the same older certificate, which also got revoked by the July 9th.

As we didn't get any validation from the Comodo team and the certificate got revoked, we discussed the issue with them, and soon we  were provided with a new certificate. Phew..

Well guys, things are all set now. The issue has been fixed with the updated code-signatures, so now you can download and install the update from here without any worry.

One more thing mates, while installing this beta update, you might get encountered with Windows SmartScreen filter showing a warning message "Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." The reason behind this is that newly signed Enpass has a low SmartScreen score as the downloads have just begun.

Well, you don't need to worry as the warning message would stop displaying once the number of downloads get increased. 

Sorry again for trouble. 

Very truly yours,
Vikram Dabas

Hey, thanks for being so transparent about this! I just downloaded and installed the latest version with the new cert and everything went smoothly, I can even pull up passwords via the browser extension again! Thanks for your hard work ^_^

Hey, quick question about that: when the Enpass Executable asked me for the 5.2.1 update, I was looking for some release notes. So 2 questions:
- The release notes between 5.2.1 and 5.2.0 are only "Generate new executable certificate"?
- Where are the releases notes of all the previous versions?