Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass looks too big on my Linux laptop exteral display - how to fix it?

Kapel

I found this link for editing the scale factor of the display: https://www.enpass.io/support/kb/troubleshooting/enpass-looks-too-small-or-big-on-my-display-how-can-i-fix-it/

At first I had a problem of understanding what means the saying ''Please open ~/.profile in your favorite editor and append these lines...'' After some seeking I found the home/user/.profile file in Linux Ubuntu and edited it as advised in the linked instructions, i.e I added these 2 lines to the .profile: 

export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0

export "QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1;1"        

After checking  the outcome on internal and external monitors I made further editing of .profile with the following command:  export "QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1.3;1" . 

Results: After this command a.) both Enpass window size and font size are OK in both internal and external displays and b.)  the square for 'Return to a smaller window' is in place in the right upper corner.

Summa summarum, now all OK with this question. :)

Thank you for the advice !

Edit of 22.2.2022: The question about location of .profile file was solved for OS Linux Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, but remains open for OS Fedora 35 and Manjaro 21.2.x.

Edited by Kapel
Testing results of advice given in the the link

Hi @Kapel.

Welcome to the Enpass community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue being fixed OS Linux Ubuntu, for OS Fedora 35 and Manjaro 21.2.x, please share the following details so that I can get this investigated from the concerned team.

• Which Enpass version you are using on each?
  • Screenshot of the error, if possible.

#SI-2634