Enpass Discussion Forum

Does WiFi Sync only work when Android app is in foreground?

downloaderfan

Hi All,

I have Enpass installed in 2 devices. 1 Windows 10 laptop &  1 Android 12 phone. Recently I started using it's WiFi Sync feature to avoid the cloud. But I've noticed that if I change something in Enpass Desktop, the changes aren't reflected on Android UNTIL I launch the enpass app. Is this by design?

This behavior prevents the whole sync process from being seamless. Let's say I change a bank password on Enpass desktop now & 2 hours later, I need the updated password while I'm at the bank, I would need to ensure that I have launched Enpass Android once while I'm at home or I'm screwed later on. It's impossible to remember to do such a thing in every situation for the rest of our lives, without ever forgetting.

Enpass team, can you please look into this & let me know how whether WiFi sync also occurs in the background, without enpass being On?

Enpass 6.7.0.552 on Realme UI 3 based on Android 12

Enpass 6.81.1060.0 on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 OS Build 19043.1645

Edited by downloaderfan

Hi @downloaderfan,

Thank you for your patience while I responded. Unfortunately, the mobile app sync for Enpass does not operate in the background. The sync is only active when the Enpass app is running. Nevertheless, I shared it with the relevant team as a feature request. In the meantime, your patience is highly appreciated here. 

SI-2944

11 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @downloaderfan,

Thank you for your patience while I responded. Unfortunately, the mobile app sync for Enpass does not operate in the background. The sync is only active when the Enpass app is running. Nevertheless, I shared it with the relevant team as a feature request. In the meantime, your patience is highly appreciated here. 

SI-2944

Well then, without background sync I don't see much of a use as I would have to keep launching enpass to sync it....which is too much manual work to be done. Hopefully this is implemented soon to make Wifi Sync seamless and a viable equally convenient alternative to cloud sync.

I will continue syncing without the cloud using Syncthing, but since it's an external program, it cannot handle collisions automatically.

• 4 weeks later...