Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass is now rejecting my master password since the update from 29/6/2022 was installed

Jeff Rowley

Hi @Jeff Rowley,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. For quick troubleshooting, I would recommend typing your Master Password in any text editor and then copy-paste to your windows device to avoid any typo-error. Also, as mentioned you are able to access Enpass app on your mobile through the same Master Password, for that we do have a workaround but we would require the below-mentioned details:

1. Are you using any cloud service for synchronization between desktop and mobile?
  2. Which Enpass version you are using on your desktop (downloaded from store or website) and mobile.

I downloaded Enpass for windows about 30 minutes ago have exactly the same problem master password correct but rejected, tried using a text editor as suggested same issue, copied file with password to my Linux machine which has an older version, worked fine there, on re-opening Enpass I noticed the activation prompt and ran the activation process after which it accepted the password and synced up with no issues. 

I don't recall seeing the activation prompt on the initial open which was done from the post install link

Hope this helps

Edited by zaphod80013
afterthought
  • Like 1