Enpass Discussion Forum

Cloud Sync from Linux not working

Juliano

Hi Guys!

I'm new here. I installed Enpass v.5.6.5 on my Debian 9 amd64 with KDE 5 but sync not working with my user. When i choose an cloud (anyone) the browser open without link for authorization. I tried with root (sudo in CLI) and in this way the link to authorization is on browser.

I tried Enpass portable, from oficial Enpass Debian/Ubuntu packages and from default Linux (Other Linux).

How I can use my user (not root) to do this?

Thanks for any help!

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Juliano

We tested this in our labs with the same desktop environment but things are working fine here. Please let me know the browser that you're using so that we can look into it further. 

Also, please note that we never recommend running a GUI based application as the root user.

Thanks

Hi  @Akash Vyas

Thanks for reply!

I tried from Google Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official version) 64 bit ( Original String from my bronwser Versão 65.0.3325.181 (Versão oficial) 64 bits ) - pt-BR Language ( I'm brazilian) - I used Chrome for root user in a test, and from Mozilla Firefox 59.0.1 64-bit from my user (non-root).

Today, testing, I discovered the trouble, in my home folder, inside  ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list all association was to firefox (initially its not a trouble.. ), but i want to test Chrome.

I changed in KDE 5, in K menu  -> System Settings -> Applicatives -> Web Browser -> Google Chrome and Chome not was become my default browser (arghh!!), them I removed ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list and tried again, and Chrome open correctly with autorization (Yes!!)

I not tested back to Firefox being my default browser. But it solve my problem, now I will test Enpass to be my Vault.