Enpass Discussion Forum

Android app can't sync to Dropbox

Angie

Hello, I'm having trouble to sync my parent's Android app to their Dropbox file. It gets stuck at 'authentication' and then shows the error message in German along the lines of 'Data cannot be shown due to insufficient access rights'. I originally set up their account and data on the desktop and was then able to sync it to an iphone, however, I'm struggling to sync it to an Android phone. Can you please help trouble-shoot?

- phone: Samsung

- app downloaded: 5th January 2023

- enpass profile: premium

Hi @Angie

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps -

1. Ensure that the browser through which you are trying to restore the existing data is updated. I would also recommend clearing the cache and cookies of the same browser.
  2. Before restoring make sure you log out from the cloud account from your default browser and try to restore again. If the problem persists, please make other browsers as the default browser and check.
  3. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists.
  4. Try reinstalling the browser and restarting your device.

If the issue persists, please share the below information with me and I’ll get this investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. Are you facing a similar issue on any other devices as well?