Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass crashes

Jake23

Good afternoon

Whenever I try to modify and existing password or creating a new pasword within an existing folder enpass crashes. it is quite frustrating  I use google drive to sync data

I am running Enpass website version 6.8.5 on Windows 10.

Is this a known issue that will be solved soon?

thanks

Hi @Jake23

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup of your Enpass data and try reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, kindly share the below details with me, and I’ll have this investigated for you -

1. Have you downloaded the Enpass app from the Windows Store or from our official website?
  2. Try disconnecting the internet, then launch the Enpass app and observe if the app is still crashing for you. If it is not crashing, then while the internet is disconnected, try removing the cloud account you are using for synchronization, enable the internet and re-launch Enpass to check if the app is still crashing.
  3. Is the Enpass app showing you a crash report after the crash? If yes, kindly share it with me.

• 2 months later...

I have a crashing problem also. 
I use Enpass on my office and home computers and a 2 laptops.

If Enpass is not open, it will crash 2 or three times before it runs on the screen. 
One it runs, it works okay, but after a few hours, crashing 2 or three times before it loads.

Any Idea what this is about?

Error:

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2023-06-15T21:16:55.8429840Z

EventRecordID 71787

Correlation

- Execution
      [ ProcessID] 0
      [ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer  

Security
- EventData
      Enpass.exe
      645261c9
      ucrtbase.dll
      82dc99a2
      c0000409
      0009d132
      24c
      01d99fceae27af14
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.86.1360.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2\EnpassBridge\Enpass.exe
      C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
      438b178c-8a9c-4680-93de-5bf4709c6576
      SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.86.1360.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2
      App

Hi @jcovello

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

Please share the below details with me, and I’ll have this investigated for you -

1.     The version of the OS you are using.

2.     Have you downloaded the Enpass app from the Windows Store or from our official website?

3.     Is the app crashing for you after a certain step, ie, after editing an Item, creating a new Item, etc? Or is it completely random?

4.     Try disconnecting the internet, then launch the Enpass app and observe if the app is still crashing for you. If it is not crashing, then while the internet is disconnected, try removing the cloud account you are using for synchronization, enable the internet and re-launch Enpass to check if the app is still crashing. Also share the cloud service you are using to synchronize your data.

5.     Is the Enpass app showing you a crash report after the crash? If yes, kindly share it with me.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears this happens when the App is opened and does a sync. 
Sync is working via OneDrive. The App is working. 

App came from your website.
Running Windows 10. This happens on 3 systems. Home, Office and Laptop. 
Usually not an issue, just an annoyance.

No Crash report, I just need to re-open the App.

Hi @jcovello

As you mentioned that this seems to be happening when Enpass is synchronizing via Onedrive, please give the below steps a try and share your findings with me -

1. Remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from Onedrive'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again.

2. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

the same issue happend now to my Enpass installation on all my devices (Windows 10, MacOS, Android), when I connect my vaults for synchronization to OneDrive. I cannot open Enpass anymore and disable the sync, because it crashes immediately without any notification.

I have also reinstalled Enpass, but with the same result. I hope you can fix the bug as soon as possible. Otherwise the your software is useless for me.

I have also store all my one-time passwords in Enpass. Therefore I cannot login to the most of my accounts until this is fixed. Currently I'm a little bit angry how this could happened and why there is no safe-mode or fallback implemented, which enables me to use my passwords.

Best regards,
moonolith

• 2 months later...

Enpass crashes with Microsoft OneDrive. It's been like this for years. Just use a different cloud account, for example Google or Dropbox. I've been using Enpass with Google sync for several years, then switched to Microsoft sync and it started crashing. I did not want to go back to Google so I set up Dropbox sync. Eventually support reached back to me claiming they fixed the issue and asking me to test. I decided to do them a favor even though it was a waste of my time and sure enough it started crashing with Microsoft. Just use another cloud account for sync.