Enpass Discussion Forum

Error sync Desktop - Mobile

Theodosis Karageorgakis

Hello all,

I am facing this issue a long time ago. My desktop (connected to the same network with my mobile via ethernet) fails to sync items with the vault as shown in the picture below. Thus, mobile has got 160 items whereas the Desktop has 170. The dropbox link shows that it was sync'ed 1/6/23 but I am pretty sure the problem persists a long time before that. 

Any tip would be highly appreciated. 

What am I missing here?

1.png

FireShot Capture 258 - Enpass - Dropbox - www.dropbox.com.png

Edited by Theodosis Karageorgakis

Hi @Theodosis Karageorgakis

In the screenshot you have shared, it seems that you are trying to synchronize via Wifi Sync. However, as you have mentioned in your comments that you wish to synchronize via Dropbox, please try the below steps and share your findings with me -

Steps for your device on which Enpass is already set up and running (Your Desktop device)-

You can set up cloud sync on your device by going to - Setting’s → Vaults → Select the Vault for which you would like to setup sync → Setup Sync → Select the cloud → Continue.

Steps for your new/other devices (Your mobile device)-

On the welcome screen of the Enpass application on your device, choose Restore Existing -> Cloud account to which you synced the details above → Enter Vault password → Continue . All the passwords will be synced to your device.

Hi Abhishek,

So,

• Desktop: I  go to the already sync Vault at my Desktop which is connected (with 171 items). But there's no 'Setup Sync' option.  Please see attached Image "1".
  • Mobile: I am not sure what to restore. Shouldn't I delete something first before restoring? There is already a Dropbox vault with the same email adress as with that with the desktop, but as said only 155 items here. 

Please note that I've already removed the app, and re-assigned the vault, which restored 155 items instead of 171. So my guess is an error from the side of the Desktop device. 

1.jpg

Thank you for clarifying on the concern.

There seems to be an issue with the communication of the Dropbox file stored on the cloud account and the app. To remedy this situation, please follow the below steps and share your findings -

1. Create a manual backup of your Enpass data on your devices. Then remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from Dropbox'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices.
  2. Could you please check and confirm that the time setting is set to automatic on all the devices and there is no time difference? If they are not, kindly set it to automatic.
  3. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists.
  4. After creating a manual backup, try reinstalling the Enpass app on the affected device.

I disconnected the Vault from my android and then uninstalled the app. Was not prompted to delete any data from Dropbox

I disconnected the Vault from my PC and then I was asked if I wanted to delete the data from Dropbox. Since then, it stacked 'deleting data'.

I waited for around 10 minutes, but unfortunately, nothing happened. I even tried restarting my PC and going through the process again, but it's still not working. It's quite frustrating and time-consuming. Is there any chance we could explore a different method instead of using Dropbox?

Untitled.jpg

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

On the device on which you are facing this concern (on your PC), please try the below steps -

1. Take a backup of the Enpass Data on your device from Enpass Settings → Vaults → Select the Vault → Backup.

2. Uninstall the Enpass app from Enpass Settings → Advanced → Erase everything.

3. Reinstall the app and restore using the backup file.

4. Sync the Vault with the cloud service of your choice.

Based on your statement about having 171 Items on your Desktop device, I would like to confirm whether you created a backup of your data and restored the Items from that backup. If you followed this process, your Desktop device should have 171 Items. Once you have verified that the Desktop version of the app contains all the Items, please proceed to set up synchronization on your desktop device and then on your Android version of the app.

Please restore the Enpass data from the local backup file (with 171 Items) instead of Dropbox. Also, before proceeding, kindly ensure that the encrypted backup file on your Dropbox account is removed.

Once you have restored the local backup file on your PC, please synchronize your Vault with the cloud service of your choice and then restore via the same cloud service on your mobile device.

• 4 months later...