Enpass Discussion Forum

Different databases for each person?

xmestessox

I have a doubt about the caveaus.
Can I have a different and independent database for another person?
For example, I would like to put my passwords on Enpass where I can only access me, and another person put his passwords where he only has access. And neither one must be able to see the other password. It's possible?

Edited by xmestessox

Hi @xmestessox

An Enpass vault is a highly secure and encrypted database designed to store your sensitive data. By default, Enpass creates a single vault to accommodate all your information. However, if you have a specific need to keep certain data separate or isolated, you can create additional vaults. Multiple vaults are particularly useful when you want to segregate your passwords, such as using a Primary vault for personal items and a secondary vault for work-related passwords.

It's important to note that both the Primary and secondary vaults can be accessed using the same master password. In the situation you described, both you and the other person would have access to both vaults. In the event that another individual is utilizing the same desktop device and intends to utilize Enpass, there are several workarounds available, which are detailed here.

Hi @xmestessox

That is correct. It is indeed possible to configure and utilize Enpass Portable alongside an existing Enpass desktop installation on your system. Remember to designate distinct locations for storing the database files of each Enpass version. However, it's worth noting that certain features might not be accessible in the portable edition of the application (like Wifi Sync)

51 minutes ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @xmestessox

That is correct. It is indeed possible to configure and utilize Enpass Portable alongside an existing Enpass desktop installation on your system. Remember to designate distinct locations for storing the database files of each Enpass version. However, it's worth noting that certain features might not be accessible in the portable edition of the application (like Wifi Sync)

Great! The best password manager!

I would buy the lifetime version, but the price is too much, I hope in the future the price will be lower.:-)