Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows 11 - password required on first run - Windows Hello is not enough

syriusz

Hi,

I'm using Enpass Desktop latest version (for Windows) downloaded from enpass.io webpage.

On Windows 10 laptop, when I configure to use Windows Hello - it works on first run, so I don't have to enter master password. See Enpass settings in attachment (Windows10.png).

On Windows 11 laptop, when I configure to use Windows Hello - it still requires master password on first run - then (on next Enpass wakeups) Windows Hellow works. See Enpass settings in attachment (Windows11.png).

Is this a know issue with Enpass on Windows 11 and we are just waiting for the next Enpass update/fix/release?
Or this is some config issue on my side?

Dear Support, could you please help?

Regards,
Rafal

Windows10.png

Windows11.png

Hi @syriusz

The Microsoft Store version of Enpass for Windows (v6.5.0 or later) supports Full-time unlocking with Windows Hello. To enable this feature:

• The device must have a security processor, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0, and it should be enabled.

• Enpass must have a Master Password set.

• Then you can enable Windows Hello in Enpass by going to Settings > Security > Quick Unlock.

Please ensure that you are using the Microsoft store version of the Enpass app and not the website version.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply!

It seems that both versions of Enpass for Windows PC (this downloaded from the website and the one installed from the Microsoft Store) behaves in exactly the same way, but...

2 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:
  • The device must have a security processor, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0, and it should be enabled.

Aha! That seems to be the reason of my problem! My old laptop (the one with the newest Windows 11, where described problem exists) seems to have an old version of TPM 1.2 - see screenshot. My second laptop (the one with still Windows 10 OS) has TPM version 2.0! - see second screenshot.

I plan to upgrade my laptop (the one with TPM 2.0) from Windows 10 to Windows 11 today.
Could you please confirm that the issue described here is NOT related to Windows version (10 vs 11), but TPM version only, so I could be sure that after Windows upgrade (10 -> 11) I will still have Enpass full-time unlocking with Windows Hello?

Thank you!

Regards,
Rafal

image.png

image.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 1:01 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @syriusz

The Microsoft Store version of Enpass for Windows (v6.5.0 or later) supports Full-time unlocking with Windows Hello. To enable this feature:

• Enpass must have a Master Password set.

• Then you can enable Windows Hello in Enpass by going to Settings > Security > Quick Unlock.

Please ensure that you are using the Microsoft store version of the Enpass app and not the website version.

Will full-time unlocking with Windows Hello be brought to the website downloaded / non-Microsoft Store version of Enpass soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have your Windows Hello properly configured and you login to Windows machine by TouchID/FaceID of Windows Hello ?

If so, I guess there might be some incompatibilities in AMD version of your TPM module... I've found a lot of issues in google related to such AMD PSP (TPM) issues unfortunately...