Enpass Discussion Forum

Cannot make Enpass on Linux KDE to sync with Dropbox

Zbigniew

Hello,

Some time ago I've noticed, that my Linux instance of Enpass is out of sync, so I've tried to reconnect it to my Dropbox. On all other devices (Windows 11, Android, iPad OS) the syncing is working, but on Linux I'm stuck with an error "The request timed out when trying to connect to Dropbox".

Now I did a lot of Internet searching and reading and I've already addressed some issues like:

* trying different browsers to authenticate

* setting automatic time check (NTP through systemd-timesyncd.servic)

* disabling firewall and VPN

Nothing is working for me. I'm not sure if it's a KDE nad XGD-dependent problem (as someone stated on the Web), but on my configuration the browser seems to properly pass the authentication info to enpassauth, but unfortunately nothing happens.

Any ideas?

System.png

Hi @Zbigniew

After an in-depth discussion and investigation, we have successfully replicated the bug. Our development team is actively prioritizing its resolution, and we anticipate releasing a patch to address this issue shortly. We sincerely thank you for your patience and cooperation during this interim period.

As a temporary solution, we suggest copying the link from the browser and subsequently opening the app once you encounter the 'Authorization Finished' page in the browser. Please inform us if this workaround proves effective for you. Your feedback is invaluable as we work towards a comprehensive resolution.

#SI-3500