Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass does not show the option to save a Passkeys - macOS Sonoma 14.1.1

Jan.Bee

Hello, I updated Enpass for macOS, which supposedly already supports saving Passkeys, but I never see a window in macOS with the option to save the created Passkey to Enpass. I tried Brave, Chrome, Safari. In brave, he turned off Shield, I turned off adblockers, etc. I also checked the Browser settings in Safari, where I turned on the saving of Passkeys. Also, I have disabled the saving of Passkeys when using the keychain in macOS System Settings. Nevertheless, in Safari, I still see a native window with a menu, how I want to handle Passkeys, and in Chrome and Brave, a browser window with a menu, how I want to save the passkey. Can you give me some advice?safari-passkeys.thumb.png.d856a1109e6f0fe8142d1a5621e19774.pngchrome-passkeys.thumb.png.7df6b0f47b38dbe08c96d9825c8889c0.png

Hi @Jan.Bee

For troubleshooting purposes, I would recommend checking out this link and ensuring that you are not missing any crucial steps while enabling Passkeys. If the issue persists, kindly share the below details and I'll get this further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app, browser and Enpass Extension you are using.
  2. The URL of the webpages for which you are unable to create and store passkeys.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I double-checked the steps you sent, and I followed everything correctly. The issue still persists.

It is important to mention that Enpass was able to detect the Facebook Passkey on the first try.

Where Enpass couldn't detect Passkey creation process was i.e. https://adobe.com/, or google account passkey creation. (https://myaccount.google.com/)

I tried in multiple browsers.

Chrome browser: Version 119.0.6045.159 (Official Build) (arm64)

Brave Version 1.60.118 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) (arm64) (even with shields disabled)

Safari: Version 17.1 (19616.2.9.11.7)

Enpass version: Enpass 6.9.2 (1564) Mac App Store

Browser extension: 6.9.3

Thanks,

Jan

Hi @Jan.Bee

While we are looking into this concern for you, could you please double check if you enabled manage passkeys option from extension settings?

For safari, go to App> settings> browser> safari browser > turn on manage passkeys.

For other browsers , right click on Enpass extension> settings> turn on manage passkeys.

image.thumb.png.7130b43003a5d438f57e019355aa0ec4.png

Hi @Jan.Bee

Following a comprehensive investigation into this matter, we'd like to inform you that these websites do not facilitate the creation of multiple passkeys in Enpass. Could you please verify whether you have already stored a passkey in Enpass for these websites?

If so, kindly remove the current passkey, as only then will you be able to generate a new passkey.